PDA

View Full Version : LC rotary ultra fiber pads questions

Chito
01-20-2013, 02:07 AM
Hi, just got my ultra-fiber pads and tried on my car. I noticed that the microfibers were falling off. is this normal for a first time useage? Also, can I use it to apply wax? Or since its made of microfiber, can I use it to buff off LSPs?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AG Online

c5errr
01-20-2013, 05:55 AM
how much fiber is falling ? can u take a picture?
if its too much then it should be returned

i dont think they can be used for buffing off wax because u will be using a high speed polisher which means u will buff off wax really fast and this way u could potentially scratch the finish

plus those microfiber pads are made for better correction than foam pads
this means they could be more stiff than a regular microfiber towel

if u really want to try to buff off wax with microfiber pads try a small section and check with light and eraser or IPA to see if u put any scratches

and usually when u buff off wax u have to slap the towel against your hand every panel or 2 just to make sure there is no dust on the towel

if u want to buff off wax u can use a DA polisher with a microfiber bonnet and set the DA on speed 2 or 3 without any pressure

Nick McKees37
01-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Hi, just got my ultra-fiber pads and tried on my car. I noticed that the microfibers were falling off. is this normal for a first time useage? Also, can I use it to apply wax? Or since its made of microfiber, can I use it to buff off LSPs?

Shedding is perfectly normal for a brand new pad.

Microfiber pads are designed for serious paint correction such as swirls, scratches, water spots, etc. They are not designed for applying waxes or buffing off waxes.

Chito
01-21-2013, 11:53 PM
thanks to all.