PDA

View Full Version : touch up engine detailer?

Ridebyshootings
01-19-2013, 11:40 PM
hello, my corvette engine is pretty clean but im wanting to get it ready for shows in about 3 months from now and need some detail spray info. I dont really need to degrease at this point and dont like the idea of spraying water on my engine, so something in a spray bottle would be good to lightly degrease remove dirt etc and im sure a pile of old rags. Also looking for something with a low gloss for my hoses, trim etc. Looking at detailers pride but open to what you like to use. Thanks in advance!
Drew

Pureshine
01-20-2013, 12:03 AM
I use Adams inside and out spray for hoses works great. For light clean just use apc best thing I would use.

cartman57
01-20-2013, 07:20 AM
I'm sure your engine compartment isn't in this condition:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/50352-how-detail-your-engine-like-professional.html

Using this, (on sale now too)
Detailer’s Pro Series Trim Detailer, exterior trim spray, black plastic trim spray, molding spray (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-trim-detailer-spray.html)

Ridebyshootings
01-20-2013, 08:07 AM
I use Adams inside and out spray for hoses works great. For light clean just use apc best thing I would use. Thanks, looking at this one now.

[QUOTE=cartman57;799003]I'm sure your engine compartment isn't in this condition:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/50352-how-detail-your-engine-like-professional.html

yes very informative info, thanks for the link!

ihaveacamaro
01-20-2013, 09:54 AM
For light cleaning, use something like Ultima Waterless Plus Concentrate. Dilute it to the quick detailer and spray away. It will slightly gloss up the black plastics too, but only for a few days max.

jovanie
01-20-2013, 10:44 AM
If you want something local I would buy cd2 engine detail... I buy it at autozone for around 6 bucks... works great and lasts a decent time... look up some before and after pics on youtube

Dougw4355
01-20-2013, 11:02 AM
If you want something local I would buy cd2 engine detail... I buy it at autozone for around 6 bucks... works great and lasts a decent time... look up some before and after pics on youtube

My local autozone never has the CD2,,I sure wish I could try it for the price

CM8 6MT
01-20-2013, 11:31 AM

I would not recommend CD2, it leaves a really greasy looking finish. If thats what you like, go for it.

jovanie
01-20-2013, 12:01 PM
The thing is it looks greasy, but its not

CM8 6MT
01-20-2013, 12:08 PM
The thing is it looks greasy, but its not

I agree with you, just not a fan of that kind of look on engine compartments. IMO engine compartments look better with a nice stock sheene to them. Kind of like what ihaveacamaro did to his sweet ride.

jovanie
01-20-2013, 12:58 PM
I agree with you, just not a fan of that kind of look on engine compartments. IMO engine compartments look better with a nice stock sheene to them. Kind of like what ihaveacamaro did to his sweet ride.

understand.... I like the greasy look, but without the grease...i will read the thread thanks :xyxthumbs:

ihaveacamaro
01-20-2013, 01:41 PM

hehe :urtheman:

davidc
01-20-2013, 02:19 PM
You need to try Amazing Roll Off. I diluted some in a 5 gallon bucket and used a terry cloth to wipe and another to dry and the engine came out amazingly clean with a slight shimmer to it and the hoses. I would highly recommend giving it a shot as I also cringe at blasting my engine with a hose or pressure washer. The terry cloth lets you control how much and where the liquid goes.

Dave