PDA

View Full Version : Review: Wolfgang DGPS 3.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

The Guz
01-16-2014, 09:02 PM
I thought your review was very helpful. It was helpful in me choosing to try M21. I have a small sample bottle of WG from a past order that I have not got around to trying. Overall a good write up and some good feedabck was provided on the durability for both products.

custmsprty
01-16-2014, 10:40 PM
I apologize for not including a durability test on this product. This was one of my very first reviews, and since then have improved on delivery.

Both sides of my hood lasted roughly 3-4 months before they started degrading. They are both very similar products when it comes to the look they offer & durability.

Are they the end of all sealants? Of course not, there are better sealants on the market. Meguiar's UPW is one of them, Menzerna PowerLock, Four Star UPP. However for the price & looks M21 offers, its hard to beat especially if your in the business.

I found that on my wifes car WG 3.0 far out performed Powerlock down here over the Florida summer this past year. I tossed the Powerlock in my junk box and haven't used it since, not impressed with it at all.

This is WG 3.0 I did a couple weeks ago.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/custmsprty/Ridgeline2_zpsecfe89f9.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/custmsprty/media/Ridgeline2_zpsecfe89f9.jpg.html)

rstark
01-16-2014, 10:55 PM
I found that on my wifes car WG 3.0 far out performed Powerlock down here over the Florida summer this past year. I tossed the Powerlock in my junk box and haven't used it since, not impressed with it at all.

This is WG 3.0 I did a couple weeks ago.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/custmsprty/Ridgeline2_zpsecfe89f9.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/custmsprty/media/Ridgeline2_zpsecfe89f9.jpg.html)

Can I ask how did it outperform PL? Same car? Same prep? Same weather? Same storage (street or garage)?

Not trying to call you out, but I do want to know more about it.

custmsprty
01-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Can I ask how did it outperform PL? Same car? Same prep? Same weather? Same storage (street or garage)?

Not trying to call you out, but I do want to know more about it.

Pretty much, used Powerlock in May, by the end of June it was non existent as far as any beading. Their was most likely some protection still there but over all it didn't last nearly as long as I expected. The sun and rain are really hard on products down here in Florida. I used Klasse AIO prior to both applications of each product. I put the WG on early August and the car still has some decent protection. We don't get much rain this time of the year down. It's also a white car so it absorbs less heat which is why I one reason disappointed with the Powerlock longevity.

01-16-2014, 11:02 PM
Now that is what I call deep gloss!

CM8 6MT
01-16-2014, 11:36 PM
Pretty much, used Powerlock in May, by the end of June it was non existent as far as any beading. Their was most likely some protection still there but over all it didn't last nearly as long as I expected. The sun and rain are really hard on products down here in Florida. I used Klasse AIO prior to both applications of each product. I put the WG on early August and the car still has some decent protection. We don't get much rain this time of the year down. It's also a white car so it absorbs less heat which is why I one reason disappointed with the Powerlock longevity.

LOL I hope you realize that Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 and Menz PL are basically the same product just relabeled. There are slight differences in the chemical properties, but the look will be basically the same. The only reason I stated that PL is better than WGDGPS is due to PL having better durability. Looks wise, your looking at the same products buddy. Nice try though.

Now that is what I call deep gloss!
Thats what I call a car in the shade, on a cloudy day. Not trying to knock on custmprty here, but if you want to show gloss on a car, you do it in full sun especially when dealing with black paint. Not saying its not swirl free, but a car in the shade has 0 credibility IMO. I usually try to showcase my car in the sun to show how scratch/swirl free the panel really is.
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp230/Diabolic/doorshot_1_zps38a97f63.jpg

Thats panel has M21 on it, did M21 provide that look on its own? Of course not, POLISHING provided the vast majority of how this panel looks.

custmsprty
01-16-2014, 11:39 PM
LOL I hope you realize that Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 and Menz PL are basically the same product just relabeled. There are slight differences in the chemical properties, but the look will be basically the same. The only reason I stated that PL is better than WGDGPS is due to PL having better durability. Looks wise, your looking at the same products buddy. Nice try though.

And you know this from being in the manufacturing plant while the product is being blended and bottled buddy? Nice try though hehehehehe. :props:

And for the record, that paint is swirl free buddy, even blind man can see that.

CM8 6MT
01-16-2014, 11:44 PM
^^^ Is this kid for real? You cant even quote me correctly. Look up who makes Wolfgang Products before you start trying to act like you know what your talking about. Your making yourself look silly.

custmsprty
01-16-2014, 11:47 PM
^^^ Is this kid for real? You cant even quote me correctly. Look up who makes Wolfgang Products before you start trying to act like you know what your talking about. Your making yourself look silly.

Calling a 50 year old man a kid is pretty childish in itself buddy, I'm done with you.

CM8 6MT
01-17-2014, 12:28 AM
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp230/Diabolic/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8c46daa1.jpg

Andr3wilson
01-17-2014, 01:13 AM
Calling a 50 year old man a kid is pretty childish in itself buddy, I'm done with you.

I just really need to comment. Wolfgang stuff is made by menzerna. Private labelling. It's their own custom, proprietary blend and specs, but menzerna technology and chemists were behind it. That's why it actually works. Were you unaware of this?

I can make anything and everything out there just by writing a cheque. Wax safe pre soaks, waxes, sealants, soap, branded pads, compound, you name it. Anything is possible with private labelling, almost everyone does it. Same goes for ECU software for tunes.

swanicyouth
01-17-2014, 01:24 AM
I just really need to comment. Wolfgang stuff is made by menzerna. Private labelling. It's their own custom, proprietary blend and specs, but menzerna technology and chemists were behind it. That's why it actually works. Were you unaware of this?

I can make anything and everything out there just by writing a cheque. Wax safe pre soaks, waxes, sealants, soap, branded pads, compound, you name it. Anything is possible with private labelling, almost everyone does it. Same goes for ECU software for tunes.

AG freely admits Menz makes the polishes, but who really knows about the rest of the line? You think Menz is making Fuzion or MF Wash??? I don't think it matters who makes it, as long as it's good.

Andr3wilson
01-17-2014, 01:30 AM
AG freely admits Menz makes the polishes, but who really knows about the rest of the line? You think Menz is making Fuzion or MF Wash??? I don't think it matters who makes it, as long as it's good.

My point exactly. It's a custom blend for them alone. You can pay for it. Honestly I feel the MF wash is either from CG or micro restore. Fusion could be in house, contract chemist, no idea. CG even does a private labelling in there brand were one product is diluted to different levels to make different products

Heck even I private label my pro detailing line I sell locally I'm not ashamed to admit.

DaveT435
01-17-2014, 09:06 AM
I apologize for not including a durability test on this product. This was one of my very first reviews, and since then have improved on delivery.

Both sides of my hood lasted roughly 3-4 months before they started degrading. They are both very similar products when it comes to the look they offer & durability.

Are they the end of all sealants? Of course not, there are better sealants on the market. Meguiar's UPW is one of them, Menzerna PowerLock, Four Star UPP. However for the price & looks M21 offers, its hard to beat especially if your in the business.

Thanks for the info and review. I've used UPGP which I really like. I assume it's the same product as the Four Star.

MarkD51
01-17-2014, 10:02 AM
I have, and have used both WGDGPS 3.0 and Menz Powerlock Sealants.

Both are excellent, both seem similar in some regards. WG 3.0 is a pastel yellow, whereas PL is a pastel green shade. Viscosity of both products are about the same. Both apply similarly, and remove similarly, and both give outstanding end results. Powerlock seemed slightly slicker in feel, but no side by side to confirm, only going by memory.

I've noted a slight difference in smell, and as for longevity between the two, I've never done any scientific sort of tests to see how one holds up against the other?

I did once think that the Powerlock had a tendency to attract more dust than the WG product. And again, no proof positive testing in this regard, as here in the southern NM desert, there's a continual never ending assault of dusts, some days are bad, and some days are worse! LOL

I assume the WG 3.0 is a custom formulated product for PBMG, that is quite similar, yet has a slight modification of the similar Menz Powerlock formulation. Hope that makes some sense.
Mark