PDA

View Full Version : Question about canopies?

ihaveacamaro
01-19-2013, 12:27 PM
Hey guys, when you buy something like an EZ UP canopy or caravan canopy, how do they attach to the ground? Do they screw in or are they held by something?

I've heard of the thing where you use wash buckets filled with water, but what are the things that normally come with the canopy?

cartman57
01-19-2013, 12:50 PM
I believe they come with just a stake kit, doesn't help much when setting it up on a driveway.
I've noticed some people at art/craft fairs use gallons of water with long bungees or adjustable cord on each corner to hold it down.
It all depends on how much wind there is, might have to use a larger container for ballast.
Hope it helps.

Setec Astronomy
01-19-2013, 01:04 PM
There are holes in the feet so you can stake them down, but as noted that doesn't work on your driveway. You can sandbag the legs along with the other suggestions. I've found they don't really move unless it's windy enough you don't really want to be detailing.

alko
01-19-2013, 01:07 PM
As other said you can stake them down. They come with them. You can also buy universal weight plates for them. I bought mine from Dicks Sporting Goods for about $39. They are 5 lbs each and work great.

Setec Astronomy
01-19-2013, 01:08 PM
As other said you can stake them down. They come with them. You can also buy universal weight plates for them. I bought mine from Dicks Sporting Goods for about $39. They are 5 lbs each and work great.

I got my EZ-Up at Dicks...most forums you can't say that, lol.

alko
01-19-2013, 10:05 PM
I got my EZ-Up at Dicks...most forums you can't say that, lol.

LMMFAO!!!!!!!! Oh man that's hilarious!!!!!!!!!

Setec Astronomy
01-19-2013, 10:37 PM
Hey, you started it--I remember when I bought mine someone on another forum posted that had EZ-Up's on clearance at ***** Sporting Goods...and I said...huh? And they had to spell it D i c k ' s. I guess it's not that funny that way...

ihaveacamaro
01-19-2013, 10:46 PM
Well unless I get some more business, canopy is out for now. I don't have $200 to spend on a canopy right now :/

Thanks for the laughs guys!