PDA

View Full Version : How to apply Optimum GPS

ediddy
01-18-2013, 09:05 PM
I've read the directions on the container and looked for previous post but can't find how to apply. Do you wipe off right after applying or wait for a haze. Is it better to apply with a 7424 or by hand. Is it better to get product off with a 7424 or by hand.

g26er
01-18-2013, 10:12 PM
I've read the directions on the container and looked for previous post but can't find how to apply. Do you wipe off right after applying or wait for a haze. Is it better to apply with a 7424 or by hand. Is it better to get product off with a 7424 or by hand.

The longer you wait to wipe it off the more durability you're supposed to get from it.

With that said I can't really get any durability out of it.

MarkD51
01-18-2013, 11:50 PM
I have this product, but I don't consider myself an authority on this product.

I used it to clean up my white 6x12 Cargo Trailer a couple months back, with the PC7424XP, and a White LC Pad. It worked pretty nicely, and I was satisfied with the final results.

They state that this product does contain an abrasive polish, so one should get better paint correction by application with a DA, or Rotary Machine. The removal I don't think is critical, I removed it by hand, and it comes off fairly easy, yet has a bit of a "Glazy" quality when removing. I machine applied, then after complete application to the trailer, then removed it, just like a wax.

I further topped this product with Optimum Opti-Seal, and again, the results seemed quite nice. Mark

Chris Thomas
01-19-2013, 10:59 AM
You don't have to wait to wipe it off. Just work it on a panel then remove the residue. Sometimes I will do half a car then remove...but that's more about me and my time than the product.

g26er
01-19-2013, 11:36 AM
You don't have to wait to wipe it off. Just work it on a panel then remove the residue. Sometimes I will do half a car then remove...but that's more about me and my time than the product.

You may try letting it stay on the paint a little longer before wiping off the residue...or you can always top it with OptiSeal in about 10 minutes.

Sent from my IPhone

The 2nd quote was your answer to me when I asked about lack of durability. So is what I stated above correct (about waiting before wipe off) or has that changed? I just don't want to give out false information.