PDA

View Full Version : blacklight/wax bonding issue.

Qusai
01-18-2013, 07:53 PM
So it was about a month ago after a wash, i stripped my hood with gg paint prep, then wiped and dried water in order to have a bare surface to work with. It was my first time applying bl so i was very excited. I applied the bl. Waited 20min, buffed it off. I then waited another 25min before applying wax. Man the hood just doesn't seem to be beading water though. I would like some advice please guys! Maybe i used it wrong, i hope a bl expert can chime in, thank you.

david11g35
01-18-2013, 07:55 PM
I used blacklight followed with C845 I waited about and hr before applying 845. It beaded strong for almost 4 months

NIS240SHU
01-18-2013, 08:45 PM
I have the GG Paint Prep and, though I havent used it yet, my understanding from the instructions is that it needs to be rinsed off well, not wiped away. You may not have actually gotten rid of the Paint Prep, severely compromising your LSP.

I'd try again if I were you and report back with the results. Good luck!

-Helder

SON1C
01-18-2013, 09:55 PM
if thats true with the product ^ then that would be my guess at this point

Qusai
01-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Wow that paint prep is strong, that's most likely what it is. Thank you guys very much. So my plan tomorrow hopefully is to use pp and wipe down each panel with it after a wash, then wash and rinse the paint prep off to make sure it really gets off. You know what the deal is after i dry it up. :)

ihaveacamaro
01-18-2013, 11:32 PM
Wow sounds like a lot of work. I would just wash with dawn soap or chem guys citrus wash n gloss next time. They both work amazingly well at removing anything from the surface so you are working on bare paint.

Qusai
01-19-2013, 01:35 AM
Wow sounds like a lot of work. I would just wash with dawn soap or chem guys citrus wash n gloss next time. They both work amazingly well at removing anything from the surface so you are working on bare paint.

That wouldnt be able to completely strip lsp tho. I have cg and used a concentrated dilution in my wash bucket very recently. Its a good product but won't fully remove a good lsp.

psynx
01-19-2013, 01:39 AM
I recently asked Mike about this because I wanted to try my new lsp, he said either clay it or use some 205 with a RB

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online