PDA

View Full Version : CG VRP is giving me the Runs!

Pages : [1] 2

Josh_RN
01-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Hello All,
I'd like to start with the fact that I really enjoy most Chemical Guys products. Jeatseal 109 and citrus wash and gloss are awsome. The VRP dressing on the otherhand, no matter how I prep the trim, is running down onto my paint. I've tried APC, IPA and general washing to prep the trim. The sad thing is I didn't notice it in the beginning until someone on AGO said they were having the same problem. I thought I was only seeing water drips, but I have started using a blower to assist with drying and the streaks have a shine of their own. I have had some good results with Poorboysworld and Optimum products. Both are on sale right now and I'd like to take advantage! So here's the question.

Poorboysworld Trim Restore or Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel???
Please know I prefer to work with Gels for trims.

Thank You For Your responses!! Feed back please

FUNX650
01-18-2013, 07:47 PM
Re: "CG VRP is giving me the Runs!"

So...That accounts for this:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/15/ne2uvybu.jpg

So here's the question.

IMO...
Optimum's Opti-Bond Tire Gel!!

:)

Bob

TH3M B0N3Z
01-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Hello All,
I'd like to start with the fact that I really enjoy most Chemical Guys products. Jeatseal 109 and citrus wash and gloss are awsome. The VRP dressing on the otherhand, no matter how I prep the trim, is running down onto my paint. I've tried APC, IPA and general washing to prep the trim. The sad thing is I didn't notice it in the beginning until someone on AGO said they were having the same problem. I thought I was only seeing water drips, but I have started using a blower to assist with drying and the streaks have a shine of their own. I have had some good results with Poorboysworld and Optimum products. Both are on sale right now and I'd like to take advantage! So here's the question.

Please know I prefer to work with Gels for trims.

Thank You For Your responses!! Feed back please

When applying the VRP, are you spraying it directly on to the surface you wish to put it on (assuming it's in a spray bottle)? If so, try putting it on a microfiber towel you don't mind getting a little dirty or gross from the product and then rub it on to the desired surfaces.

I use Meguiar's Ultimate Black trim restorer on all the black plastic on my car and it never runs or streaks and actually lasts through many washes. Thankfully, there's not a ton of plastic on my car. It's consistency is in between runny and thick, I guess, not really a gel, but a little goes a long way.

Hope this helps...

Josh_RN
01-18-2013, 07:50 PM
IMO...
Optimum's Opti-Bond Tire Gel!!

Bob[/QUOTE]
Thanks Bob, have you tried it on the trim or just the tires?

FUNX650
01-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Thanks Bob, have you tried it on the trim or just the tires?

Just on rubber and vinyl.

Bob

Whatsvtec
01-18-2013, 08:02 PM
I like cg's natural look gel for trim. Goes in well, streaks wipe away after drying

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Josh_RN
01-18-2013, 08:10 PM
I use Meguiar's Ultimate Black trim restorer on all the black plastic

Hope this helps...[/QUOTE]

Thanks it does. I actually prefer gels over sprays for control and always apply directly to a designated pad

I like cg's natural look gel for trim. Goes in well, streaks wipe away after drying

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the reply.

g26er
01-18-2013, 10:16 PM
I know it's not either of the products you asked about, but I recently tried Ultima Tire and Trim Guard and am REALLY liking it so far for anything plastic, vinyl and rubber on the outside of the vehicle. Even on that black vinyl wrap some cars have around the door pillars. :xyxthumbs:

dad07
01-18-2013, 11:22 PM
I agree with Bob.....Opi-bond its not just for tires.

Although UTTG fits the bill also.

Josh_RN
01-19-2013, 01:42 PM
I agree with Bob.....Opi-bond its not just for tires.

Although UTTG fits the bill also.

Thanks,

My question now is:
Is UTTG 12 oz @ 31.99 that much better than Opti-bond 32oz @ 15.99 (regular price)???

G35
01-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Poorboys trim restorer worked pretty well on my trailblazer. And I used very little to cover running boards, roof rack, bumper pieces and side view mirrors. Plus it smells like coconut. Just not sure on durability cuz I only used it once.

RhetoricMixes
01-19-2013, 02:58 PM
I just tried UTTGP for the first time yesterday and all I can say is wow. A little goes a long way and I mean a little. Also spreads super easy on tires.

g26er
01-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Thanks,

My question now is:
Is UTTG 12 oz @ 31.99 that much better than Opti-bond 32oz @ 15.99 (regular price)???

The biggest factor for me is something that didn't run or streak when it rains. I've had no such luck with everything that I've tried so far. Some better than others, but none that I was totally satisfied with. UTTG does not streak or run for me so I'm sticking with it. I can't comment on OOB since I've never used it before.

Josh_RN
01-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Poorboys trim restorer worked pretty well on my trailblazer. And I used very little to cover running boards, roof rack, bumper pieces and side view mirrors. Plus it smells like coconut. Just not sure on durability cuz I only used it once.

Thanks, any problems with running after application or with morning dew?

van185
01-19-2013, 03:05 PM
I've had the same problem with VRP. I put it on with a microfiber and it still seems to run. Not sure what the problem is. I switched to Poorboys Trim Restorer several months back and it's a wonderful product and a little goes a long way. It looks great and last. I put it on and then an hour or so later so back over it with a clean micofiber and it looks great. Really good product.