PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a quality spray sealant...

Pages : [1] 2

TH3M B0N3Z
01-18-2013, 07:22 PM
So I'm in the market for a spray sealant so that I can apply it after each or every other car wash. I've been looking at Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 and then I came across their Blitz spray sealant. It's more expensive than the V7, but I couldn't find any sort of videos on YouTube about it really. Also, the Blitz is available on Amazon for less money than the V7 if I subscribe and I get free shipping. Has anyone used Blitz before? Can anyone recommend me a good spray sealant?

After reading more and more about the CG Blitz spray sealant, I seriously want to buy it, lol. It can be used a booster over existing sealant, which is exactly what I want to use it for. I'm currently using Mothers Reflections spray wax and it smells like strong laundry detergent. It looks a smooth finish, but I'm not exactly sure if it's what I'm looking for.

BostonDetails
01-18-2013, 07:46 PM
i really like the WG spritz sealant. I own the V7 but have only used it once, i'm curious to hear about the beading and longevity on that one.

I find that RELOAD lasts the longest but is a nightmare to apply on black cars.

TH3M B0N3Z
01-18-2013, 07:53 PM
i really like the WG spritz sealant. I own the V7 but have only used it once, i'm curious to hear about the beading and longevity on that one.

I find that RELOAD lasts the longest but is a nightmare to apply on black cars.

The V7 seems to be a popular choice, but with the current subscribe & save deal going on with Amazon, I can get the gallon of Blitz cheaper than the gallon of V7. :)

I may pull the trigger. My girlfriend will kill me, lol.

rider9195
01-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Duragloss Aquawax is in my opinion the best spray sealant for your money. Plus with the ease of use, it makes a breeze to apply in any conditions. It is also available locally which saves money on shipping costs.

PA DETAILER
01-18-2013, 09:35 PM
BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal Paint Sealant, best paint sealant, paint sealer (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-crystal-seal.html)

cleanmycorolla
01-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Are you talking wowo sealants? If not BF ploy Speay is great so is V7. With both a little goes a long

Surfer
01-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Duragloss Aquawax is in my opinion the best spray sealant for your money. Plus with the ease of use, it makes a breeze to apply in any conditions. It is also available locally which saves money on shipping costs.yeh haven't been on here/detailing in awhile, but that was always my go to, going to order it again now. That stuff rocked on paint and glass, was so easy to use, looked great, and lasted pretty long vs others. Slick as hell.

terrangama
01-19-2013, 01:31 PM
DoDo Juice red mist

swanicyouth
01-19-2013, 03:04 PM
None of them last too long. I've tried many. My opinion is Prima Hydro is the best. But you may just want to follow the crowd and get V7. V7 is a little "light" - in that its more of a QD IMHO - nice product none the less. The Wolfgang Spritz sealant is also very good.

GS2011
01-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Wolfgang Spritz Sealant :xyxthumbs:

Mc'lovin
01-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Hi,

Are you interested in a "spray wax" product, or a Wipe-On-Walk-Away (WOWA) sealant? There is a big difference between the two.

Spary waxes are more of an enhanced quick detailers (not an exactly accurate description, but close enough) which you usually use in order to boost your current layer of protection after you wash your car. Among these are CG V7, DG Aqua-Wax, Optimum Car Wax, Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax, all excellent products.

WOWA sealants on the other hand are supposed to give you a much better durability (the companies who makes them claim that it lasts for months just as you would expect from a regular sealant and user reviews confirmed it in many cases) and all the properties you would expect from a sealant. Among these are Ultima Paint Guard Plus, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal, Optimum Opti-Seal, Blackfire Cryastal seal, which are all amazing products.

Hope this helps :)

FUNX650
01-19-2013, 04:28 PM
1.) Optimum Car Wax [OCW]<<<<I'll say this---due to its formulation/"ingredients":

Optimum Car Wax is a spray wax made with real carnauba and synthetic paint sealants for protection & shine! high-grade carnauba wax and silicone (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-spray-wax.html)

(17 fl. oz....Sale price: $11.99)

2.) Sonus Acrylic Glanz<<<<Im the MAN

Sonus Acrylic Glanz Spray Sealant, Sonus paint sealant spray, spray paint sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/sonus-acrylic-glanz-sealant.html)

(16.9 oz...Sale Price $12.99)

3.) Make your own Sonus Acrylic Glanz <<<<shine, sparkle, glitter…sheen, shine , luster...

Mix at a ratio of 4:1:

8oz. of either Meg's Quik Detailer (A33)...OR...Meg's Ultimate Quik Detailer (G144)

With:

2 oz. of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze

Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, klasse SG sealant, klasse sealant glase,klasse sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/klashiggloss.html)

(16.9 oz...Sale Price: $19.00
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

:)

Bob

glen e
01-19-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm getting 3 months out of Blackfire crystal seal easy but I don't think that's a spray per se. Wolfgang spritz is the best spray I have encountered...

95oRANGEcRUSH
01-19-2013, 04:51 PM
There is a pro detailer by the handel of Scottwax over at Autopia that uses Opti-seal in a lot of his details.

I don't have any spray sealants so can't comment. I do have Aquawax and OCW, but, figured these to be waxes more than sealants.

addysdaddy
01-19-2013, 05:24 PM
BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal Paint Sealant, best paint sealant, paint sealer (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-crystal-seal.html)

ditto that