PDA

View Full Version : Question / Poll on Wolfgang PPE

Pages : 1 [2]

swanicyouth
01-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Without getting into all the crap above.............

WG PPE works fine with sealants or wax. I have used a few bottles of WG and never had any problems. Durability was always what it should have been from the chosen LSP. I have used it with Lava and it works fine.

Thanks! It just seems a bit "crazy" to buy every LSP's manufacturers branded prep product if your want to change your wax/sealant to a different brand and don't need polishing.

This is what happens if you park too many cars with Lava too close together:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/19/age3y6u7.jpg

But, according to CGs, at least the paint is still protected

Bunky
01-19-2013, 06:45 AM
This is what happens if you park too many cars with Lava too close together:

I thought you would say is this is what happens if you brand a paint cleaner and brand b lsp.

mwoolfso
01-19-2013, 08:16 AM
I don't believe in pre-wax cleaners. They all leave something behind, whatever it might be. CarPro Eraser wipedown, then LSP application.

Pre-wax cleaners are all very mild polishes in nature; some have chemical cleaners in them, some have very mild abrasives, some have both! The durability of any LSP or intermediary protection layer will not be affected by using a pre-wax cleaner. On a side note, many AIO's also have the very same type of characteristics; on par or stronger than a pre-wax cleaner.

Overall, what pre-wax cleaners leave behind is less of a reason to even use the product in the first place.

Factoring into account a "least aggressive first" mindset, what pre-wax cleaners DO is paramount. The proof of their value is always in the pads I throw into the bucket that used to be yellow or white; and are now dark grey (not to mention many are cheaper than other approaches). :xyxthumbs:

Setec Astronomy
01-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Overall, what pre-wax cleaners leave behind is less of a reason to even use the product in the first place.

I think the issue is that many of these cleaners, at least anecdotally, were meant for pre-wax use and had oily-type fillers in them. I'm thinking about the P21S product and ones of that ilk. So if they have oily-type fillers, that would make them incompatible with a sealant that isn't capable of some cleaning, at least that is the standard forum wisdom.

cleanmycorolla
01-20-2013, 10:09 PM
I've used BLACKFIRE GEP, Wolfgang PPE, and Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion with various sealants and waxes and I've never experienced any issues. Maybe I'm not noticing since I'll top things or reapply some wax regularly, but I've never had an issue. Maybe it varies from person to person but for me paint cleaners havent caused any issues when used outside their "family".