PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of "Sport Edition" wheels

Pages : [1] 2

Mike T
05-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Title says it all. I'm looking to get rid of my "hubs" and get some nicer shoes. I've noticed "SE" are priced pretty good. Or if anyone has any recommendations. I don't have a whole lot of $$ to spend. AG gets all my money ;)
Thanks

MadOzodi
05-02-2007, 07:56 PM
I've heard of them. Are you going for looks only, looks + performance, or performance only? One thing you don't want to do is purchase a set of wheels that are heavier than your stock wheels. Well, you can, but I wouldn't recommend it. Your car will be slower, will handle worse, will wear out your brakes faster...just make sure the weight of each wheel is equal to or less than your stockers.

BTW, what's your budget?

Zenki S14D
05-02-2007, 08:28 PM
As im a nissan man i can help you out here. What style wheels do you want and whats your price. If you really want OEM wheels best bet is to look at junkyards. I would also look at the new 2007 SE-R wheels. I want them on my 240sx but motor work comes way before wheels.

Mike T
05-02-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm for looks, It's 4cyl for pete's sake :p The weight of the ones I was looking for were 19lbs each. I'm not looking for anything fancy and I understand about the weight. I even want to stick with the 16'' rim as not to have to change tires since my current tires are still new. I like the look of 5 spoke. I think they compliment the body style very well.

Zenki S14D
05-02-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm for looks, It's 4cyl for pete's sake :p The weight of the ones I was looking for were 19lbs each. I'm not looking for anything fancy and I understand about the weight. I even want to stick with the 16'' rim as not to have to change tires since my current tires are still new. I like the look of 5 spoke. I think they compliment the body style very well.

My car is only 4cyl. Do you like the 5 lug 1995 - 1997 240sx wheels? Thoes are 16x6 and you can get them for cheap. Try tirerack.com for other wheels find a style you like and i can probaly dig up a cheaper price for them or something that looks the same for less.

Mike T
05-02-2007, 09:46 PM
My car;
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/silence0420/BBBBMikesMachine-09.jpg

One set I was looking at:
http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/sportedition/swap/se_e1_ci3_l.jpg

Would 16x5'' wheels generally fit your run of the mill tire for 16''?

bambo2888
05-02-2007, 10:30 PM
i think sport ed. makes the corvette wheels... i dont know for sure. i do know that they at least make knock offs....

yardie
05-02-2007, 11:02 PM
I agree with zenki, I would try for the se-r wheels. That car is really nice for a four door. Good luck with your choice and post pics when you get em.

chu
05-03-2007, 07:08 AM
Just because their 16" doesn't mean they will fit your current tires. The width of the wheels must be considered too. Then you might want to look into offset if you want to run wider stuff.

On another note check craig's list for stock nissan wheels.

Mike T
05-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Yeah, the width is one thing I have to keep my eye on, because I hope not to change tires. I love the SE-R rims, but they are 17'' and are expensive. At least that I've seen.

P1et
05-03-2007, 08:25 AM
What I personally would do is see if you can get some nice OEM wheels second-hand. Since you have a Nissan, how about some wheels off a G35 or something?

Mike T
05-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Well I started off looking at used 2nd hand wheels, because I frequent a Altima's forum. Its starting to seem like I can get some new rims cheaper.

MadOzodi
05-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Oh ya, make sure their style/design/spokes are easy for you to slap some AIO on em!

:p

Zenki, what other brand wheels ya got access to?

Zenki S14D
05-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Oh ya, make sure their style/design/spokes are easy for you to slap some AIO on em!

:p

Zenki, what other brand wheels ya got access to?
Right now im trying to sell some nissan wheels that will fit accords. I have the nissan ceter caps and the "jdm" honda center caps. Other then that i dont really have any wheels i just know places to look and people around here to talk to. However i might trade my 240sx SE wheels for something else.

I my self really want the Super Advan Racing VR.2's or the Nismo LM GT-4's from RAYS. That or the Gramlights that are made by RAYS. Also in 17x9 size with 40 Offsett.

Mike T
05-03-2007, 11:24 AM
This is the style I like:
Sport Edition E1 Bright Silver Paint for your vehicle (http://tinyurl.com/2o4dmr)
My tires are P215/60R16, so these wheels will fit. That would be great if you could find lesser priced.