PDA

View Full Version : Old subject: XMT vs. Optimum

Black Diamond
05-02-2007, 07:19 PM
There are so many good products out there that it is hard to choose. I want to place and order with AG and I keep changing it. I am looking at both XMT and Optimum products. I would like to keep the polishes and wax and or sealant in the same line of products.
Convince me of what to buy?
BTW: My birthday coupon is about ready to expire. Have 2 days left.

Feed back please

:confused:

trhland
05-02-2007, 07:33 PM
optimums awesome i use there whole line !!!

Surfer
05-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Optimum is designed more for rotary use, but I love OC and OP with the PC. Long work times, no dusting, and even OC finishes down nicely. I think XMT breaks down faster.

Haven't used XMT line except for the glaze, and I did not like the glaze, used it twice and will pry sell/trade/junk it (sorry AG :()

budman3
05-02-2007, 07:49 PM
I love the optimum line for rotary usage. However, when I used it with the PC I found it very oily to remove- which made it quite difficult. Yes the work in time is very long- but you pay for it when you are done polishing.

I prefer Poorboy's SSRs for PC usage...

Jimmie
05-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Got em both and used em both except for #4 or OHC. They are both good but force me to choose and I'll take the XMT line-up. XMT polishes are easier to see breakdown and with tricks from the guys on here can be worked down like a finishing polish. XMT leaves the paint feeling cleaner, not oily. Last, it seems easier to control the amount of polish that you're putting on the pad with XMT.

supercharged
05-02-2007, 11:17 PM
There are so many good products out there that it is hard to choose. I want to place and order with AG and I keep changing it. I am looking at both XMT and Optimum products. I would like to keep the polishes and wax and or sealant in the same line of products.
Convince me of what to buy?
BTW: My birthday coupon is about ready to expire. Have 2 days left.

Feed back please

:confused:
I only used Optimum polish so far (no compounds) and really like it. I'd suggest you get entire XMT line (XMTs 4,3,2,1, 360), and a bottle of Optimum Polish.

Black Diamond
05-03-2007, 04:03 AM
I have both a PC and a rotary so I can use either to get the results I want.

gator1
05-03-2007, 06:38 AM
XMT line is great if you are working with the porter easy to use. But when it come to rotary I like to use the optimum line has great work time.

chu
05-03-2007, 06:44 AM
Got em both and used em both except for #4 or OHC. They are both good but force me to choose and I'll take the XMT line-up. XMT polishes are easier to see breakdown and with tricks from the guys on here can be worked down like a finishing polish. XMT leaves the paint feeling cleaner, not oily. Last, it seems easier to control the amount of polish that you're putting on the pad with XMT.

Tricks? What tricks? I'm so out of the loop. Alittle help Jimmie!

greg'sgoat
05-03-2007, 07:18 AM
OPT products are great. I use only PC and have never had a problem. I will be going to rotary soon, so it will be nice to not have to have seperate products to jump back and forth with.

Black Diamond
05-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks to all who have replied!
I also consulted with Dwayne about the Optimum line and I decided to go with that.
Here is my order:

Edge2K Drive DA Adapter (Porter Cable 7424) (I forgot this when I ordered the pad combo.)
Wurth Rubber Care Gel Stick
Poorboy’s Bug Squash
Optimum Compound New Formula!
Optimum Polish New Formula!
32 oz. Optimum Poli-Seal
Optimum Opti-Seal with Free Bonus
P21S Polishing Soap
DP Gel Wheel Cleaner
DP Wheel Glaze

I still may try XMT360 on my next order and maybe a dash of Pinnacle Souverän.

Thanks again for the input and Thanks to Dwayne for the great customer service!
Autogeek rocks!