PDA

View Full Version : Review my order b4 purchase.. D/A polisher and Polish questions

Pages : [1] 2

Jrocket
01-17-2013, 06:47 PM
This will be the last order I place for a couple of months.

can you please give opinions as far as my D/A

and One step polish.

I watched a review on this one step polish on CHEMICAL Guys FB page today.

I was impressed. needless to say if there is a better product for less or a product just as good for less please point me in the right direction..

again Im looking for a good one step polish like they used and of course I will finish my job up w/ either sealant or wax..

Thanks guys

Griots Garage 6 inch Random Orbital Polisher Holiday Special Includes 5 Pads!

Choose a model : HD (+15.00)

$144.99 1 Yes $144.99 https://sep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2241_170019337 Detailing Book Combo $29.99 1 Yes $29.99 https://sep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2241_225284617 Chemical Guys All Clean+ Citrus Based APC $8.99 1 Yes $8.99 https://sep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2242_234244466 Chemical Guys V36 Optical Grade Cut Polish 16 oz. $28.99 1 Yes $28.99 Subtotal: $212.96 Total: $212.96

fenderpicks
01-17-2013, 06:50 PM
The CG optical stuff is known to be... not very good....
GG 6" is good choice
U should try the new sonax profiline line 3/6 nano polish....
If ur car is not superly neglected.... then obviously no polish will be good enough... it would have to be some sort of compound

ihaveacamaro
01-17-2013, 06:51 PM
I've never used V36 but I have read of more than one person I trust saying it's nowhere near the level of some of the great polishes you can get out there such as Meguiars M205, Optimum Hyper Polish, or Menzerna SF 4500.

I also wouldn't get the HD model. Spend your 15 dollars on a 12 gauge extension cord and get a longer cord that can be used on multiple machines, not limited to one.

Jrocket
01-17-2013, 07:02 PM
I've never used V36 but I have read of more than one person I trust saying it's nowhere near the level of some of the great polishes you can get out there such as Meguiars M205, Optimum Hyper Polish, or Menzerna SF 4500.

I also wouldn't get the HD model. Spend your 15 dollars on a 12 gauge extension cord and get a longer cord that can be used on multiple machines, not limited to one.

Thanks.. Yeah I honestly accidentally hit the hd model.. thanks for catching that as I had already decided against the dedicated cord and wanted to use one of my new 16 guage extension cords i have sitting in the garage.

thanks for the opinions on the V36.

I use Menzerna Powerlock and may just go with the SF4500 Just wasnt sure which would be a good all around one step polish from them.. I wanted to go with something on the lighter side as well first.

My car is actually in great condition but my parents are just in ok condition as well as my fiance's and these are the cars I will be practicing on first just light swirls and scratches on them..

The Optimum Hyper polish may be another one I consider

kronos
01-17-2013, 07:41 PM
I really like Optimum Poli-Seal. Easy to work with, low-dusting, has micro abrasives and removes easily. It's a very very good all-in-one.

cartman57
01-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Go with the Menz. Little bit more $ but well worth it IMHO.

SON1C
01-17-2013, 10:15 PM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgeOXulAZC8]How To: 1-Step Polishing To Remove Swirls and Scratches - Chemical Guys Paint Correction EPIC SHINE - YouTube[/video]
a lot of people count chemical guys polishes out on this forum, not saying they're the best, but they are not bad, granted I've only worked with v34 some

cartman57
01-17-2013, 10:35 PM
^ I agree

ihaveacamaro
01-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Thanks.. Yeah I honestly accidentally hit the hd model.. thanks for catching that as I had already decided against the dedicated cord and wanted to use one of my new 16 guage extension cords i have sitting in the garage.

thanks for the opinions on the V36.

I use Menzerna Powerlock and may just go with the SF4500 Just wasnt sure which would be a good all around one step polish from them.. I wanted to go with something on the lighter side as well first.

My car is actually in great condition but my parents are just in ok condition as well as my fiance's and these are the cars I will be practicing on first just light swirls and scratches on them..

The Optimum Hyper polish may be another one I consider

I have the optimum hyper compound and polish and love them!!

For an all in one, I prefer black fire total polish n seal

umi000
01-17-2013, 11:26 PM
I like using M205 as a one-step - long working time, and can give you reasonable cut or work as a good finishing polish with the right pad.

Jrocket
01-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Wow! alot of great opinions all coming from great members..

SO many choices! and Im sure so many great products

SO everyone that did suggest Menzerna.. which is better as a lighter all in one

the

SF4500?

That chemical guys video still makes there product seem excellent though it doesn't get alot of credit from the forum though.

Optimum Poli-Seal has also caught my interest

:doh:

SON1C
01-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Sf4500 is extremely light polishing

weekendwarrior
01-18-2013, 09:46 AM
From what the Menzerna charts says you should finish with 4000 or 4500 before final wipe/clean/lsp. 4000 recommended for Repair (corrected) or Aged paint, 4500 for OEM or like new, from the way I interpret that chart.

If you need more correction after your test spot step up cutting ability of pad, and/or to Menzerna Polish like 1500, if that still doesn't correct well enough, then in your test spot step up to compound.

If you want an "all in one" finishing polish you may want to read up on M205 and the different techniques you can use to get the most out of it. They also sell specific all in one correct/clean/seal products like XMT 360 or Meguiars D151.

SON1C
01-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Nice post ^
My 2c on d151
D151 is a great aio product that cuts more than 205 but still finishes excellent, however the protection factor is lacking, I'd also top it with bfwdps etc to give the clients durability

Jrocket
01-18-2013, 10:02 AM
From what the Menzerna charts says you should finish with 4000 or 4500 before final wipe/clean/lsp. 4000 recommended for Repair (corrected) or Aged paint, 4500 for OEM or like new, from the way I interpret that chart.

If you need more correction after your test spot step up cutting ability of pad, and/or to Menzerna Polish like 1500, if that still doesn't correct well enough, then in your test spot step up to compound.

If you want an "all in one" finishing polish you may want to read up on M205 and the different techniques you can use to get the most out of it. They also sell specific all in one correct/clean/seal products like XMT 360 or Meguiars D151.

Thanks for all of that.. very informative! :dblthumb2:

Nice post ^
My 2c on d151
D151 is a great aio product that cuts more than 205 but still finishes excellent, however the protection factor is lacking, I'd also top it with bfwdps etc to give the clients durability

So looks like Im gonna go with 2 choices and I think its going to be the Meg's D151(thanks to weekendwarrior) and still deciding between the Menzerna 4500 or the CG V36.

this round may go with the V36 since It's a lil cheaper and I'm gonna purchase two types so I have 2 options

ready to get started :buffing: