PDA

View Full Version : Mike Phillips' The Art of Detailing /How to Start a Home-Based Car Detailing Business

Jrocket
01-17-2013, 10:40 AM
1.Mike Phillips' The Art of Detailing

2.How to Start a Home-Based Car Detailing Business

Does anyone have either of these books for sale or both?

Thought some of you that have owned these books for awhile and have a good knowledge base now and your business up and running might want to sell these..

Thanks

John

SON1C
01-17-2013, 11:37 AM
I bought the digital version and its very well put together, I was / still am impressed

Jrocket
01-17-2013, 11:53 AM
I bought the digital version and its very well put together, I was / still am impressed

I've actually been considering the digital version but Im a bit of a book nerd and prefer to have a book with me to read at any given moment since the only portable device I carry is a galaxy s3. my laptop is usually at home and I dont currently own any tablet which I prob need to invest in..

Plus I want to get ahold of the the other book as well. I feel like IF i have them both avail to read I will go through them more thoroughly

but then again Im all about instant gratification and Instant Knowledge. so who know may go ahead and pull the trigger..

btw SON1C I uploaded my photos to the dodo juice / blacklight test on my car

Dave Medvic
01-17-2013, 12:25 PM
1.Mike Phillips' The Art of Detailing

2.How to Start a Home-Based Car Detailing Business

Does anyone have either of these books for sale or both?

Thought some of you that have owned these books for awhile and have a good knowledge base now and your business up and running might want to sell these..

Thanks

John
Hi John,
Got them as a Christmas present (book version) and they are very good. Renny has some good experience to share from the business aspect, Mike covers a lot of the polishing correction and good habits to establish.:xyxthumbs:

LazyGhost
01-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Im still waiting on a few nickels before i pull the trigger on the art of detailing. Will be getting it soon. How to start a home based business book is interesting to me and ill be looking for it soon as well. Id like to eventually do some part time detailing at home but we will see. I live in the sticks and i figure it would be hard to get clients. However, there are some wealthy individuals that live in my area. Also, im not an interior man, yet. Ive seen enough videos around here to know that thrre is a considerable investment to be made in equipment and products to really be able to do interiors. Theres definately more to it than vacuuming.

Maybe one day though. For now, im gonna shoot for becoming a really good exterior man and see how far that gets me.

SON1C
01-17-2013, 01:22 PM
A good interior detailer is desired 10x an exterior detailer, Im not bashing, I forced myself to practice and get more interior tools and products and now my turn around on interiors are what really wow the clients
They aren't fun, but it's where the average person spends a ton of time, in the car, admiring your like new revival, most aren't like us and stare at the exterior all the time lol
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/59309-son1c-synopsis-21-chemical-guys-allclean-review.html
Fwiw my last interior write up

RLucky82
01-17-2013, 01:31 PM
I always thought interiors were just as important as exteriors.

Jrocket
01-17-2013, 04:10 PM
I always thought interiors were just as important as exteriors.

If not more important. as stated above.. that's where your client spends most of their time.

Interior is def not as much fun but It shows your hard work and dedication and as you acquire the proper tools and practice.. Its always fun to impress others with your skill especially when your getting paid :props:

I may just pull the trigger and purchase both these book.. I just hate having to pay alot to have just two books shipped.. guess I can throw in some GC all clean into the order and OPC...

I swear im gonna go broke with my new addiction.. but its a worth wile investment and I'm loving it!!