PDA

View Full Version : Help me stock up!

Pages : [1] 2

Big Boi
01-17-2013, 03:42 AM
Ive got seven customers lined up for the next couple of weeks. Vehicles ranging from a neglected Ford Econoline panel van, swirled Ex-Police car, and a 2010 VW Passat.

Im looking to place an order with AG for the following.

Durable wax/sealant: Meguiars #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 topped with Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845
AIO: Meguiars Mirror Glaze #66 Mirror Glaze Quick Detailer
Neglected finish restorer: Meguiars Swirl-Free Kit
Wash: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine 32 oz.
Wheel/Paint Cleaner: CarPro Iron X Iron Remover 500 ml.
Trim restorer: Black WOW Exterior Trim Restorer

Misc.
Mango Breeze Microfiber Towels 12 Pack
The Grit Guard Insert - Silver Buy One, Get One Free!
3M Headlight Lens Restoration System
Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush
303 Aerospace Protectant 32 oz

The reson I choose the 845/M21 combo is for longevity. Would I be just as fine with the M21 and my current M26?

As far as trim restorer/protectant goes... Im lost. What would you guys recommend?

And as far as 303 goes. My co worker swears by the stuff. Will it be suitable as an exterior trim protectant, for normal plastic trim (Little to No discoloration)?

And I also have a 2006 BMW X5 with black leather seating. Whats a good product here?

Wanna keep the order under $300. I still have to buy a pop up canopy, and an extractor.

Thx in Advance!

cartman57
01-17-2013, 08:40 AM
I've only used the 303 on the dash and door panels since they get the most direct UV (it's like SPF protection for the plastic) , there's no oily residue leftover and it's done at least once a month when the interior gets cleaned. I like the final results, not real shiney but clean looking.

Never tried it on any exterior trim yet.
Can't go wrong with the 845 choice.
Never have enough MF towels!! LOL!!

Good list so far.

otruba_843
01-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Mango breeze towels get bad reviews because of lint issues. Get some quality towels instead

Big Boi
01-17-2013, 10:19 AM
I've only used the 303 on the dash and door panels since they get the most direct UV (it's like SPF protection for the plastic) , there's no oily residue leftover and it's done at least once a month when the interior gets cleaned. I like the final results, not real shiney but clean looking.

Never tried it on any exterior trim yet.
Can't go wrong with the 845 choice.
Never have enough MF towels!! LOL!!

Good list so far.

What would you recommend forvthe exterior trim?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using AG Online

Big Boi
01-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Mango breeze towels get bad reviews because of lint issues. Get some quality towels instead

Will do, thx!

cartman57
01-17-2013, 11:15 AM
What would you recommend forvthe exterior trim?

Following this thread by Mike P, very interesting so far.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/59327-how-restore-exterior-black-plastic-trim.html

BrutalNoodle
01-17-2013, 11:18 AM
How about a good waterless wash?

Something for light/minor cleaning between ONR wash. Very handy for bug splatter and bird poop, too. Or a dedicated product such as Poorboy’s World Bird Sh#t Remover.

Edited: I've just realized this is not a personal list. Sorry about that.

Big Boi
01-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Following this thread by Mike P, very interesting so far.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/59327-how-restore-exterior-black-plastic-trim.html

Yeah, I subscribed to it already. But he doesnt state what product he's using.

cartman57
01-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I subscribed to it already. But he doesnt state what product he's using.

Not yet..................hopefully soon, or after the expo has finished.

Big Boi
01-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Bump

Chris's FX4
01-17-2013, 08:11 PM
ONR might not be ideal for heavily soiled vehicles. Should look into something that can be diluted to safely wash vehicles while also being able to strip the paint, like Chemical Guy's Citrus Wash & Gloss.

I using Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant on trim. Darkens nicely and lasts about 2-3 months.

Infiniti
01-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Durable wax/sealant: Meguiars #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 topped with Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845

If you are trying to save some money on sealant they have the Detailer’s Maximum Paint Protection Combo. Detailers Pro Paint Sealant, Collinite 845, microfiber towel and a couple of applicators for $29.99. I haven't used it but it seems to have some pretty good reviews.

Big Boi
01-17-2013, 09:35 PM
ONR might not be ideal for heavily soiled vehicles. Should look into something that can be diluted to safely wash vehicles while also being able to strip the paint, like Chemical Guy's Citrus Wash & Gloss.

I using Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant on trim. Darkens nicely and lasts about 2-3 months.

Funny you say that. I actually tooj the ONR out if my cart abd replaced it with the CG Wash & Gloss already, LoL.

Gonna liok into the WG trim sealant

Jrocket
01-17-2013, 09:40 PM
WG trim sealant

Is what I was recommended Mike P just a few days back.. bought some for all the exterior plastics on my 13 outback.

bottom part is smooth black plastic and the roof racks have kinda that pebble rougher finish.

Mind you this car is only about 2 months old now and the trim was still basically new. I've applied the WG exterior trim sealant and it looks just like it did the day I bought it.. which is perfect in my book..

a little pricey. but a little goes a long way and as far as Im concerned it's worth the price given the results and Mike's strong recommendation of the product :props:

CM8 6MT
01-17-2013, 09:41 PM

^^^ Agree

Usually for heavily soiled vehicles I spray it down first. Then go over really dirty areas with a waterless wash spray. Then finish down with ONR.