PDA

View Full Version : OMG Another Newbie

Islander
05-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Hi All-

1st post - yep another newbie...thanx in advance for your patience. Member "JoeD" recommended the site very highly so here I am.

Have a new (Oct 06) Azera in Black. She came from the dealer with the usual swirl marks. I immediately used Meguiers 3 step products and saw some improvement on the swirls, and the shine was reflective but not as deep as I had hoped for. Since then just Meg's Gold Class a few times.

I'm going to step up and order a PC 7424. The question is what to order with it. I like the write ups on thw Klasse AIO, but I'm not as sure on the sealant. Bottom line I'm hoping to achieve 2 things. 1) AIO for swirl removing and protection. 2nd, since the Azera is black, and I've had black before I want the real deep wet look. I used to use Gliptone by hand on my '70 Mach 1 and judges seemed to like it, as I've done well in car shows (20 years ago). Since then I've become a soccer and track meet dad, so I need to get re-educated.

Some forum members have mentioned that the Klasse Sealant can be a bit difficult to work with so I was thinking of P21s on top of the AIO. Is that a good option? Or would I be better off using the Klasse sealant after the AIO, and then P21S or something like it? Recommendations please!:grouphug:

Before doing anything, I'll wash and clay the car.

I'm leaning towards the CCS pads by Lake...colors to use?

Any thoughts on a QD to use between waxing?

Thanx much, I know these are questions others have asked for their cars/ their paint colors / and their desired outcomes.
****Added 5/2/06 @ 8:12PM*****
Here are some thumbnails that you asked for...Once again, Many Thanks for your insights!

Already I've learned that I'll need to use a swirl remover prior to the AIO.

ltoman
05-02-2007, 05:34 PM
For now, Welcome Islander1 Post a pic of your car!!
Lauren

wytstang
05-02-2007, 05:35 PM
I'll answer what I can:
Klasse AIO is not meant to be a swirl remover more of a chemical paint cleaner. Meaning it will strip any wax/sealant/glaze to give you a good base to work with.
As for a deep wet look that won't break the bank Nattys Blue holds that title imho. I can't think of another wax in it's price range ($15.xx) that offers what it does.
QD's I really like Clearkotes Quick SHine but AG doesn't carry them anymore so Poorboys World Sray and Gloss would be my next choice.
Good luck.

bambo2888
05-02-2007, 05:55 PM
The XMT swirl removers and Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover/Advanced Finishing Polishes are some to consider (these are my favorites). They are easily customizable with pad selection. As for the pads, go with the Lake Country CCS pads for getting into it, as these are relatively inexpensive.

For a QD, I live by Pinnacle Crystal Mist and I recently discovered WG Spritz. I love both, but have more experience with Pinnacle, which I would choose over WG anyday.

I recently read a thread on here about Klasse AIO and some said that it is hard to manage and remove anything. Rather, many use this to just thoroughly clean the surface and prep it for protection.

Let's see some pics!!

Good luck.

sparkie
05-02-2007, 08:28 PM
:iagree: with all! Welcome to AGOL!
Nice ride.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachments/detailing-forum/1180d1178151032-omg-another-newbie-azera.side.10.06.jpg

ron231
05-02-2007, 08:51 PM
If you really want a deep wet look, after you polish, clay, etc... Use RMG topped with victoria wax.

RMG has insane wetness, and Victoria wax is very very deep looking. Many say deeper than souveran and even some high end zymols.

Islander
05-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks for all the helpful info!