PDA

View Full Version : Weather tech floor liner cleaners

Jrocket
01-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Weather tech floor liners products.

Anyone use either of these?

Or have suggestions on comparable products from AG?

FloorLinerTM and FloorMat Cleaner

A custom-engineered and blended formula made specifically for WeatherTech®. This biodegradable foaming cleaner quickly removes scuff marks, dirt and stains without affecting the finish and quality of WeatherTech® floor mats.

http://www.weathertech.com/assets/1/23/MainFCKEditorDimension/FLOORLINER___FLOORMAT_PROTECTOR.jpg (http://www.weathertech.com/techcare/protector/) FloorLinerTM and FloorMat Protector

Thanks in advance
- John

spiralout462
01-15-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm interested myself. I was thinking it was made by another manufacturer but I'm not sure. I use an APC and terry cloth rag to clean mine with good results. A pressure washer works well too. I try not to let them get to the point they require scrubbing.

IID
01-15-2013, 07:13 PM
1st off let me say that I purchased some of these mat's from AG:
WeatherTech FloorLiners Front & Rear Set (http://www.autogeek.net/wtfl02b.html)
And they absolutely ROCK!

The fit/finish in my Chrysler 300C SRT are second to none!

All that it takes to clean them (in my condition) is a interior boars hair brush and some UWWP.
But,I am also looking for something to protect them as I would like them to stay the way they came from the factory (easy to clean).Just dont want them to become slippery as thats a driving hazard.

cartman57
01-15-2013, 07:13 PM
I use ONR.
If the liners are muddy, use a hose first then spray the ONR and wipe with a cotton towel

Jrocket
01-15-2013, 07:25 PM
As of now I just use a very very small bit of

Chemical Guys Honeydew wash with the hose and light scrub to maintain them staying new.. about once or twice a week.. I'm anal about my interior

But I would like to protect them to stay in new condition and anything that helps them not turn into a slippery mess when its raining outside.

Love my weather techs!

Audi X2
01-15-2013, 08:03 PM
1st off let me say that I purchased some of these mat's from AG:
WeatherTech FloorLiners Front & Rear Set (http://www.autogeek.net/wtfl02b.html)
And they absolutely ROCK!

The fit/finish in my Chrysler 300C SRT are second to none!

All that it takes to clean them (in my condition) is a interior boars hair brush and some UWWP.
But,I am also looking for something to protect them as I would like them to stay the way they came from the factory (easy to clean).Just dont want them to become slippery as thats a driving hazard.

Weathertech also has a protectant that is designed to keep them in the proper condition without being slippery.
I was hoping Autogeek would sell some of these products seeing that they are a Weathertech dealer.

IID
01-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Weathertech also has a protectant that is designed to keep them in the proper condition without being slippery.
I was hoping Autogeek would sell some of these products seeing that they are a Weathertech dealer.

Yeah,I seen the protectant in the WeatherTech product pamplet that came with the mat's.But I would think AG offer's something simular or if someone knows of a simular working product I could use (maybe I already have it)?
I dont want to do the trial/error and have slippery floor mat's to deal with and try cleaning the product off.
Maybe UITG?

vman
01-15-2013, 08:39 PM
I use apc to clean mine. As far as protection goes, maybe something water based would be good? PERL or opti bond could be something to try out.

D_Nyholm
01-16-2013, 02:53 PM
I just use an APC to clean them. I actually had a customer recommend to put turtle wax ice liquid wax on them! I was reluctant at first but tried it. It spread around extremely well and gave them a low satin gloss. They were also not slippery at all! I was thoroughly impressed. I have been trying to find the ice at my auto parts store but have been unable. It looked good enough and was easy enough that I really want to pick some up to give that extra pop on customer cars.