PDA

View Full Version : How many pads??

Rey05
05-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Hey,

I'm new here and looking to pick up a 7424 with some e2k pads. Course I may end up waiting a minute since I missed the last 10% off deal by a day. My question is how many pads of each color do you recommend. I was thinking to start off with to pick up a couple blue or green and a couple white. I read that you need a couple pads for polishing because they gum up quickly. I also need at least one for waxing because...well, i'm lazy and I really don't want to do it by hand. At least until I pick up some souvern.

BTW, here is what I am looking at in terms of polishes etc...

Optimum Compound (if VM can't cut it)
VM
RMG
Probably will mix ^^^ to make Pink Moose.
Moose Carnuba

I appreciate your input!!

BILL
05-02-2007, 04:52 PM
For Personal Use???????? I Each....

Rey05
05-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Yes this will be for personal use.

So there is no problems with build up on the polishing pads?

BILL
05-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Yes this will be for personal use.

So there is no problems with build up on the polishing pads?

Not if you use this

Foam Pad Conditioning Brush cleans and reconditions foam and wool pads on the buffer. remove excess caked wax and polish from buffing pads. (http://www.autogeek.net/padtool.html)

Rey05
05-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Sounds good.

Would you recommend AIO over the optimum compound? I have a 05 accord with swirling.

BILL
05-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Sounds good.

Would you recommend AIO over the optimum compound? I have a 05 accord with swirling.

AIO IS A CLEANER SEALER.....NOT FOR SWIRL REMOVING,

Optimum Compound is an aggressive compound that finishes like a mild abrasive polish! Remove swirls and scratches with your polisher with Optimum (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-compound.html)

FOR YOUR SWIRLS.....

Just02
05-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Since you have a new Honda, you really shouldn't have a reason to go past something like Optimum Polish. If you only have swirl marks, try a finishing polish like Zaino Z-PC, XMT1, etc. first!

I only say this because we have two Hondas, an '02 and an '07 Accord, and the paint on both of the cars is softish normal. I can remove swirl marks, water etching, etc. with a final polish.

BILL
05-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Since you have a new Honda, you really shouldn't have a reason to go past something like Optimum Polish. If you only have swirl marks, try a finishing polish like Zaino Z-PC, XMT1, etc. first!

I only say this because we have two Hondas, an '02 and an '07 Accord, and the paint on both of the cars is softish normal. I can remove swirl marks, water etching, etc. with a final polish.

YES!! ON SECOND THOUGHT MY SISTERS HONDA IS LIKE THAT, REAL SOFT CLEAR COAT. A POLISH MAY DO IT WITH A POLISH PAD....;)

Rey05
05-02-2007, 05:36 PM
So something like the optimum polish on a blue e2k pad should do the trick? I didn't know if the Vanilla Moose would give me the same results or not.

BILL
05-02-2007, 05:40 PM
So something like the optimum polish on a blue e2k pad should do the trick? I didn't know if the Vanilla Moose would give me the same results or not.

OR THE WHITE PAD......
WHICH 2K PADS ARE YOU GETTING.....???

Just02
05-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Yea! That should do the trick. :)

Good luck and post pictures when you're done!

Rey05
05-02-2007, 05:45 PM
So VM would work then or should I get the Optimum polish? I was looking at a pack that has a white, green, blue, and orange pads. They are the Edge DA double sided pads.

Thanks again for all your help!

BILL
05-02-2007, 05:53 PM
So VM would work then or should I get the Optimum polish? I was looking at a pack that has a white, green, blue, and orange pads. They are the Edge DA double sided pads.

Thanks again for all your help!

THESE?

The Edge 2000 6 Inch DA Pads: The Edge 2000 6 Inch DuraFoam Pads will change the way you think about buffing pads. (http://www.autogeek.net/edge20006.html)

Rey05
05-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Yes!

BILL
05-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Yes!

ID GO WITH THE WHITE PAD.....