PDA

View Full Version : Website Help

Pages : [1] 2

Seth@NWCDetailing
01-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Hey Everybody,
I just redesigned my website, hopefully in a better way.lol
Anyway its not published yet I just need some opinions before I actually do it. I'm mainly concerned on how the service page is displayed
Home - Northwest Classic Detail (http://northwestpolish.websitebuilderpro.com)
Thanks!
:props:

TundraPower
01-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Hey Everybody,
I just redesigned my website, hopefully in a better way.lol
Anyway its not published yet I just need some opinions before I actually do it. I'm mainly concerned on how the service page is displayed
Home - Northwest Classic Detail (http://northwestpolish.websitebuilderpro.com)
Thanks!
:props:

PM me if you want to talk. I do web sites for a living.

Andr3wilson
01-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Your contact stuff is very clear! Good start!

As far as the service page, when I pull it up, there is a slight problem with Economy and deluxe mixing up. If you had some more space it would be a little more clear!

Other than that, pretty good.

rmagnus
01-14-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm not a fan of the $.99 pricing. $64.99 really just round it out. I believe too many price everything ala cart. I hate the nickel and dime thing. Make it simple and easy for your clients.

rustytruck
01-15-2013, 06:45 AM
On your services page, how come the prices on the left side don't match the prices on the right? It looks like you have 2 different prices for the same packages?

Also I like how you included a picture of yourself but it looks like a dark rainy day. You should post a pic of you next to a nice shiny car on a nice sunny day.

Seth@NWCDetailing
01-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Your contact stuff is very clear! Good start!

As far as the service page, when I pull it up, there is a slight problem with Economy and deluxe mixing up. If you had some more space it would be a little more clear!

Other than that, pretty good.

I think I got that problem fixed, I spread it out more and cleared it up so its easier to read, I think..
Thanks for the input!

I'm not a fan of the $.99 pricing. $64.99 really just round it out. I believe too many price everything ala cart. I hate the nickel and dime thing. Make it simple and easy for your clients.

Yeah, I was pretty hesitant to put my prices up like that that's why I needed some opinions, I'm happier with what I replaced them with, prices are a little more clear now.

On your services page, how come the prices on the left side don't match the prices on the right? It looks like you have 2 different prices for the same packages?

Also I like how you included a picture of yourself but it looks like a dark rainy day. You should post a pic of you next to a nice shiny car on a nice sunny day.

Well the prices on the left are the package pricing and the prices on the right are individual pricing. I cleared it up a lot more so it should be easier to understand now.

And I know I had a friend use their phone to take the picture, but now that I got mine it should be just a matter of getting a sunny day in the Northwest.
Thanks for the input:props:

Pureshine
01-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Hey seth looks good buddy nice job.

zmcgovern45
01-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Site looks pretty good! It seems like your prices are very low though... unless I am just not understanding them.

One step correction (your level 3) for $160?? Estimated at 1-2 days of work?

So figure in 8 hours of work for just the exterior at $160 - that puts you at $20/hr. I think you can get away with charging double that and still be in the low to middle range of the detailing price spectrum. In fact, I estimate costs based on an hourly rate only after I have inspected my customers cars ... I know that is not the topic of this thread, but I'm just trying to help you out.

Seth@NWCDetailing
01-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Hey seth looks good buddy nice job.

Thanks Todd
:xyxthumbs:

Site looks pretty good! It seems like your prices are very low though... unless I am just not understanding them.

One step correction (your level 3) for $160?? Estimated at 1-2 days of work?

So figure in 8 hours of work for just the exterior at $160 - that puts you at $20/hr. I think you can get away with charging double that and still be in the low to middle range of the detailing price spectrum. In fact, I estimate costs based on an hourly rate only after I have inspected my customers cars ... I know that is not the topic of this thread, but I'm just trying to help you out.

Thanks man! Well I just started up this business so I'm still experiencing what other people are charging and based off of the equipment I have I figured these prices would suffice. But yeah I do like your input, this thread is for everything that can help me out. I think it would be a good idea to spruce up my prices a bit given my skill set.
Much appreciated
:dblthumb2:

zmcgovern45
01-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Thanks man! Well I just started up this business so I'm still experiencing what other people are charging and based off of the equipment I have I figured these prices would suffice. But yeah I do like your input, this thread is for everything that can help me out. I think it would be a good idea to spruce up my prices a bit given my skill set.
Much appreciated
:dblthumb2:

Sure those prices will probably suffice, but you don't want to be selling yourself short. Based off of what I have read around here, $40/hour is more than reasonable. I'm assuming you are doing this at your own house/residence and not in some sort of shop or other establishment. If you are doing this elsewhere, ie you bought/rent a storefront, then your prices should be significantly higher due to the overhead costs.

Best of luck.

Pureshine
01-15-2013, 01:44 PM
I keep my prices in mid range cause I have no over so it's nice.

Seth@NWCDetailing
01-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Sure those prices will probably suffice, but you don't want to be selling yourself short. Based off of what I have read around here, $40/hour is more than reasonable. I'm assuming you are doing this at your own house/residence and not in some sort of shop or other establishment. If you are doing this elsewhere, ie you bought/rent a storefront, then your prices should be significantly higher due to the overhead costs.

Best of luck.

Right, last thing I need to do just starting up is dig myself a hole with no overhead. I'm actually a Mobile business out of SW Washington, it's starting off rough, but i'm confident it'll come around during the spring and summer months.

Seth@NWCDetailing
01-15-2013, 02:02 PM
I keep my prices in mid range cause I have no over so it's nice.

I guess I should up my prices to keep myself from digging a hole.ha

Pureshine
01-15-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm lucky cause of the neighborhood I'm in lots of money by me and no one else does the quality work I do in my area.

Andr3wilson
01-15-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm lucky cause of the neighborhood I'm in lots of money by me and no one else does the quality work I do in my area.

+1