PDA

View Full Version : Started my 2011 Prius

don03109
01-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Well I couldn't wait any longer and did the hood of my Prius. The temp was right at 50*, not sure if that's a bit cold for best results.

The tools:
GG 6" DA with 5" bp and 5 1/2 orange and green CCS
Griots #2, #3 polish, & One Step Sealant

Clayed the hood.

Did a test spot with #3 and orange pad for 5 passes. It removed some of the swirls but not all. Switched to #2 and orange and saw a big improvement. However, the polish seemed to produce some dust. Thought I was doing a 20 x 20 spot and cleaning pad on the fly. I decreased the box size to maybe 15 x 15 and this helped a little.

Just how temp sensitive are these polishes? I'm thinking of maybe doing a test with the Griots #1 to see how that works. Also, it really doesn't take too much pressure to compress the LC CCS green pads. I wanted to try the gray pad but was running out of time. The hood looks good, I just have to fine tune my technique.

What exactly is considered a pass? Does one pass equal one application of polish to the car. The second pass beginning when you load the pad with polish again? Time to review the videos again.

Thanx for the help.

CM8 6MT
01-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Mike Phillips has some great how-to videos discussing how to perform a section pass. Check them out!

Wors
01-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Here you go:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-car-garage-how-videos/24074-show-car-garage-video-how-do-section-pass-when-machine-polishing-da-polisher.html

don03109
01-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Great info. Thanks. My brain housing group only holds so much info. The new stuff I'm learning must be pushing out the wrong older stuff :doh: