PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW - Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba

Pages : [1] 2

dc52nv
01-14-2013, 06:34 PM
This is my first review of any detailing product. I've read so many great reviews on here and hope to not disappoint so much with mine. Lol

Late last year, Dhaval was so kind to send me a few product samples he wanted to spare with and this was one of those great items he sent me. It took me a little while but finally got around to using it. Please read my review below.

I mixed 1oz solution with 31oz of filtered water in a 36oz spray bottle and went to work. I sprayed the product on a panel and let it sit for a minute and simply wiped straight down. I made sure to use a clean side of the MF towel before each pass. I did not notice any scratches or marring on the paint due to the waterless wash. This was my first time doing a WW so I was a little nervous. After my first panel the nervousness went away as I was amazed by the results. I wish I would have done this years ago. I did my wife's and my car with it and it worked great on both. I used about 1.5 bottles for both cars and about 16 plushy MF towels. Here are some pics.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l136/dc52nv/A49C5AA8-A276-4BCB-8719-7B91E13AFDF2-22086-00000F73FBC6E152.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l136/dc52nv/CCDACBB3-A253-4BE0-9778-BC938C11E16F-22086-00000F740C85D629.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l136/dc52nv/3AFB1D3F-E65E-4171-9DF2-2AFB0952F7C6-22086-00000F74278FB017.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l136/dc52nv/754E779C-0399-4353-AF0C-64ACDD13710A-22086-00000F74421B0900.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l136/dc52nv/17F92469-F8B5-4090-ACD5-6F4DDDC935DE-22086-00000F745486FFF3.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l136/dc52nv/963D51A8-6E0C-42A9-89E5-83333B7E4DFD-22086-00000F745DB61FCB.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l136/dc52nv/D8C45B5A-C572-4999-A325-E983771307A0-22086-00000F83E4E35FEB.jpg

Pros:
Smells great
Great cleaning ability and shine
Leaves area very slick
Great price due to concentration ratio

Cons:
Requires extra buffing to break down the carnauba but well worth it. :)

Conclusion:
I was very impressed with how the cars turned out. Even does a great job on windows. My wife couldn't believe I washed our cars with a spray bottle but made a believer out of her once I explained. I would recommend this product to everyone.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
01-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Very nice review and observation of the product along with a detailed write up and pictures to go with it.

Car looks great.

dc52nv
01-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Thanks smack!

camaro2ssblack
01-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Great job on the wash and review!

Lim3
01-14-2013, 11:17 PM
Great review. Can a WW wash be used in a car show ? For example, when traveling to the show the car gets a thin layer of dirt. Would using a detail spray work better for this ?

JSou
01-14-2013, 11:22 PM
That is a sweet way to save water. Nice job and I love the WDP TL.

cleanmycorolla
01-14-2013, 11:45 PM
Great review. Can a WW wash be used in a car show ? For example, when traveling to the show the car gets a thin layer of dirt. Would using a detail spray work better for this ?

This, UWW+, all waterless washes are IMO far superior in slickness and cleaning than any QD. Waterless washes have eliminated many things on my shelf especially QD's. pinnacle and Ultimate IMO have the most superior waterless washes. DP is good too, and so is Blackfire but Ultimate and Pinnacle rock!

jiverson04
01-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Very nice review. I use pww and I love it. Great stuff and i love the fact that it has wax in it. Very nice thanks
I bought a gallon and its a steal at that price.
Sent from my GT-P3113 using AG Online

Lim3
01-15-2013, 12:48 AM
This, UWW+, all waterless washes are IMO far superior in slickness and cleaning than any QD. Waterless washes have eliminated many things on my shelf especially QD's. pinnacle and Ultimate IMO have the most superior waterless washes. DP is good too, and so is Blackfire but Ultimate and Pinnacle rock! that's great info. That replaces all my QDs now. I will look into buying it. Thanks

Why are QDs even around any more ?

Shortspark
01-15-2013, 03:11 AM
Why are QDs even around any more ?[/QUOTE]

I think it is because QDs have lost their definition and purpose in life but still sell very well. QDs were around before waterless wash sprays and well before concentrated, all purpose products that depending on the ratio mix of product to water, can be used as waterless, rinseless, QD and even as a "topper" style spray wax. In other words, technology advances have rendered most dedicated QDs irrelevant because a single product can now wear many hats.

As far as I know, there is only one QD (Fast Clean and Shine) that has a specific role to still play and even then, that role comes into play primarily when used with other Duragloss sealants and washes. I say that because like most true QDs, it has cleaning and gloss enhancements but in addition it has the capability of bonding to other Duragloss products, such as 105 and 111 (it may even bond with some other LSPs but I don't know that for sure). FCS cleans and boosts shine like a QD in the old sense of the term but with added bonding ability to LSP. Unlike most QDs, this helps to extend and increase protection (I think that might be because it contains something like AquaWax in addition to its very good cleaning formula).

There may be other QDs that have similar shine boosters and the very good cleaning ability of FCS that also "bond" to actually become part of the LSP, but I don't know which ones they may be.

dc52nv
01-15-2013, 03:18 AM
Great job on the wash and review!
Thanks.

A WW works best with minimal soilage so it would work great for this. It will also help remove any fresh dead bugs on your bumper. I personally wouldn't recommend you use a QD unless your paint is thoroughly cleaned first.

That is a sweet way to save water. Nice job and I love the WDP TL.
Thank you. I've had it for almost 7 years now and still love it. :)

This, UWW+, all waterless washes are IMO far superior in slickness and cleaning than any QD. Waterless washes have eliminated many things on my shelf especially QD's. pinnacle and Ultimate IMO have the most superior waterless washes. DP is good too, and so is Blackfire but Ultimate and Pinnacle rock!
Agree 100% with your post.

Very nice review. I use pww and I love it. Great stuff and i love the fact that it has wax in it. Very nice thanks
I bought a gallon and its a steal at that price.
Sent from my GT-P3113 using AG Online
Agreed. Love the shine it produces when it gets a final buff.

that's great info. That replaces all my QDs now. I will look into buying it. Thanks

I still use my QD's as drying aids. Some QD's bond better to some waxes which help extend the life of the wax and shine.

dc52nv
01-15-2013, 03:26 AM

I think it is because QDs have lost their definition and purpose in life but still sell very well. QDs were around before waterless wash sprays and well before concentrated, all purpose products that depending on the ratio mix of product to water, can be used as waterless, rinseless, QD and even as a "topper" style spray wax. In other words, technology advances have rendered most dedicated QDs irrelevant because a single product can now wear many hats.

As far as I know, there is only one QD (Fast Clean and Shine) that has a specific role to still play and even then, that role comes into play primarily when used with other Duragloss sealants and washes. I say that because like most true QDs, it has cleaning and gloss enhancements but in addition it has the capability of bonding to other Duragloss products, such as 105 and 111 (it may even bond with some other LSPs but I don't know that for sure). FCS cleans and boosts shine like a QD in the old sense of the term but with added bonding ability to LSP. Unlike most QDs, this helps to extend and increase protection (I think that might be because it contains something like AquaWax in addition to its very good cleaning formula).

There may be other QDs that have similar shine boosters and the very good cleaning ability of FCS that also "bond" to actually become part of the LSP, but I don't know which ones they may be.
Excellent post. I will continue to buy QD's because they make great toppers with specific products.

Lim3
01-15-2013, 10:21 AM

There may be other QDs that have similar shine boosters and the very good cleaning ability of FCS that also "bond" to actually become part of the LSP, but I don't know which ones they may be.[/QUOTE]

Well said man.

Pinpoint_Precision
01-15-2013, 10:28 AM
I don't feel comfortable doing WWs specially on black cars. I have been looking into adding it for my business side but I am not sure yet. I would love to have someone do this in a black car with the before and after using a swirl light on the spot.

dc52nv
01-15-2013, 10:58 PM
I don't feel comfortable doing WWs specially on black cars. I have been looking into adding it for my business side but I am not sure yet. I would love to have someone do this in a black car with the before and after using a swirl light on the spot.

It's been used by pro detailers for years with great results. I'm sure some here have used this on a black vehicle.