PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Hyper Compound Experience

rddmxmeth10
01-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Well even though this isn't exactly a detailed review like some folks on here do with pictures, I wanted to try out the OHC over the weekend. I went to a local body shop and asked for a part that they were throwing away and the body shop gave me a fender. The Mrs. got me the Dewalt rotary for Christmas, so I got this fender to try it out on, rather than experimenting with my car and burning through the paint. Not sure what year, make or model it came from, but the color was gray I can tell you for sure.

So, into the garage I went. I washed the panel, clayed it, and then it was time to test out the new Dewalt 849x with a wool and the OHC. Now, this fender had a few wear and tear marks on it from being used, some scratches here and there. And WOW!!! I was amazed at what it did do.

So, I wanted to test it and see what my limits were with this combination. At this point, I reached into my pocket and pulled out my keys and dug the key into the paint. Then I looked around the garage and spotted a nice piece of 160 grit sandpaper. I said to myself "hmm I wonder if this will come out". So I started sanding with the 160 and leveled the scracth to the point where it had no edges left, or no more clear, or paint for that matter, not sure :dunno:

Then I misted the wool and the panel with some OHC and turned the Dewalt on 1200 and went to work. And to my amazement the sanding marks were completely gone. Now, I don't know if it was the wool pad, the OHC, or the combination of both, but I was amazed that 160 grit sandpaper marks were completely removed!

Just figured I'd let everyone know that OHC, a wool pad, and a rotary will remove down to 160 grit sandpaper marks. Pretty amazing stuff I may say!

camaro2ssblack
01-14-2013, 05:43 PM
OHC and OHP are great products IMO

CM8 6MT
01-14-2013, 05:59 PM

Agree

Perfections
01-14-2013, 06:09 PM

+2