PDA

View Full Version : New to car care. Making a first time order. Your opinion?

ninor
05-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Hello guys!

I bought my new Silver 2006 TL 2 months ago and I've been only washing it weekly, but washing it only is not cutting it for me anymore, I want my car to SHINE! lol... well I bought Cobra Micro-Chenille Wash Mitts and bunch of MicroFiber towels from costco yesterday and I am getting ready to make my first order at AG. This is what I'm thinking of ordering, can you please tell me your opinion? I am a college student and even though it will be tough for me to shell out $135 for below... I am willing to do it for my car (cheaper suggestions for almost just as good products are more than welcome!) btw is this the correct order I apply the below mentioned in as well?

- DP Auto Bath Shampoo
- DP Universal Detailing Clay & Lube Comb
- Klasse AIO
- Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze
- DP Max Wax
- Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax

bambo2888
05-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Looks like a good plan to me, and yes, in that order. I'm glad to hear you bought a TL, I really like TLs... hehe.

Hopefully you're using a soft mitt, clean water when you're washing (switching the water out half way through), and drying with tools meant for drying (not bath towels). Also, consider a tire gel to make your tires shine and a streak free window cleaner. These will round out your necessities.

With the above methods and your products, you are set to go, man!

Good luck and welcome!

AUdakota
05-02-2007, 04:23 PM
i have heard that the klasse AIO can be pretty finnicky to work with, I might suggest going with XMT 360, followed by four star UPP or Wolfgang DGPS, topped with either Sig Series II or DP max wax.

like bambo said tools can help or kill your paint, maybe invest in a guzzler and dedicate it to only paint use.

FloridaNative
05-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Welcome to the forums!! I'm glad you decided to join our family here. Your list looks really good. AIO is one of the best paint cleaners out there. The SG can be tricky to apply and it can be sterile looking, but it will give you long lasting protection. Wolfgang sealant, DP's new sealant and Poorboy's EX-P are all good choices too. :) Have fun detailing your ride and please share your pics with us so we can enjoy the shine too. :)

ninor
05-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Looks like a good plan to me, and yes, in that order. I'm glad to hear you bought a TL, I really like TLs... hehe.

Hopefully you're using a soft mitt, clean water when you're washing (switching the water out half way through), and drying with tools meant for drying (not bath towels). Also, consider a tire gel to make your tires shine and a streak free window cleaner. These will round out your necessities.

With the above methods and your products, you are set to go, man!

Good luck and welcome!

you are the one that recommended AG to me on acurazine :cheers:

well i'm using the one that you can buy under car washing accessories so if it's AG approved i guess it's soft :) i use 2 buckets system and i dry with MF mitts (i also have chamois piece i bought at costco and still didnt open.

for tires i bought meguirs hot rimz and it's ok... nothing too special... but i guess i'll add tire gel with the order too.

bambo2888
05-02-2007, 06:15 PM
you are the one that recommended AG to me on acurazine :cheers:

well i'm using the one that you can buy under car washing accessories so if it's AG approved i guess it's soft :) i use 2 buckets system and i dry with MF mitts (i also have chamois piece i bought at costco and still didnt open.

for tires i bought meguirs hot rimz and it's ok... nothing too special... but i guess i'll add tire gel with the order too.

haha AWESOME! glad to see you here. I find myself almost never going to acurazine now, i spend all of my time over here!

Hopefully you got one of the good mitts. Nevertheless, I will suggest the SchMitt mitt. Its made out of the same foam that the EDGE2K finishing pad is, so its guaranteed soft and will not grad dirt across the paint. when you use the chamois, shake it out often when drying.

for tire gel, DP is pretty inexpensive and really good. i also tend to use pinnacle black onyx. as is the trick with every tire gel, make sure to apply thin and go back again before driving to reduce the sling onto the body panels.

welcome to your newest addiction!Im the MAN

ninor
05-02-2007, 06:17 PM
i thought both klasse products I chose were part of the FORUM KIT :) what happpened guys? lol jk... i heared that xmt 360 is to be used only with machine. so what should i use to polish? for sealant ill probably end up with Wolfgang DGPS

ninor
05-02-2007, 06:21 PM
haha AWESOME! glad to see you here. I find myself almost never going to acurazine now, i spend all of my time over here!

Hopefully you got one of the good mitts. Nevertheless, I will suggest the SchMitt mitt. Its made out of the same foam that the EDGE2K finishing pad is, so its guaranteed soft and will not grad dirt across the paint. when you use the chamois, shake it out often when drying.

for tire gel, DP is pretty inexpensive and really good. i also tend to use pinnacle black onyx. as is the trick with every tire gel, make sure to apply thin and go back again before driving to reduce the sling onto the body panels.

welcome to your newest addiction!Im the MAN

I go there whenever I have extra money to do something to TL or when I have problems with it :9....

I bought 3 pieces like this Cobra Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt (http://autogeek.net/cobra-micro-chenille.html) at costco that came with a MF towel for 10.99.... it gets really heavy when washing the car... so i might get schmitt on the order too (dang $200 order almost)

for tire gel what do you mean with "make sure to apply thin and GO BACK AGAIN before driving? "

bambo2888
xmt360, from what i have heard, is awesome. its a polish and sealant in one. its XMTs counterpart to klasse aio. for sealant, you chose the best one on the market.

dont get us wrong, klasse is awesome, but there are easier products to use for your specific purpose.

supercharged
Hello guys!

I bought my new Silver 2006 TL 2 months ago and I've been only washing it weekly, but washing it only is not cutting it for me anymore, I want my car to SHINE! lol... well I bought Cobra Micro-Chenille Wash Mitts and bunch of MicroFiber towels from costco yesterday and I am getting ready to make my first order at AG. This is what I'm thinking of ordering, can you please tell me your opinion? I am a college student and even though it will be tough for me to shell out $135 for below... I am willing to do it for my car (cheaper suggestions for almost just as good products are more than welcome!) btw is this the correct order I apply the below mentioned in as well?

- DP Auto Bath Shampoo
- DP Universal Detailing Clay & Lube Comb
- Klasse AIO
- Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze
- DP Max Wax
- Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax

Congtars on new car purchase. I would switch DP shampoo for Poorboy's SS&S, but evertyhing else sounds just fine.

ScottB
05-02-2007, 06:56 PM
order the Poorboys kit, with or without buffer. Great kit for the money. Sig Series II from Pinnacle would be another great kit for the price.

bambo2888
05-02-2007, 07:33 PM
I go there whenever I have extra money to do something to TL or when I have problems with it :9....

I bought 3 pieces like this Cobra Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt (http://autogeek.net/cobra-micro-chenille.html) at costco that came with a MF towel for 10.99.... it gets really heavy when washing the car... so i might get schmitt on the order too (dang $200 order almost)

for tire gel what do you mean with "make sure to apply thin and GO BACK AGAIN before driving? "

Oh my bad, I miss a word. Go back over it with a towel and wipe the excess dressing off of the tire. This will eliminate or at least reduce the sling.

The schmitt is awesome because its really sticks to you hand, rather than slopping around like 95% of all other mitts.

$200? My first was $300. Keep in mind that you are getting all of the best products on the market. They will do exactly what they say and without causing any other problems (ie. armor all). The initial investment is kinda hefty, but it'll pay off and most of that will alst a long time.

haha, I only go to acurazine when my car breaks too, hahaha. :righton: