PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good Pressure Washer-recommendations?

Wendell Jarvis
01-14-2013, 08:05 AM
My Kercher just recently died (R.I.P.) 1600 psi model, just wondering what are some other descent pressure washers out there besides Karcher......I read allot reviews on Karcher and 9 out of 10 were negative reviews.....I'm not looking for a super power washer....somewhere between 1600 and 2000 any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

master detailer
01-14-2013, 08:15 AM
for me gas is the only way to go. honda cat pump

tuscarora dave
01-14-2013, 08:29 AM
If you seriously use your washer and want to avoid the hassle and down time of in the field failures, I suggest stepping up to a pressure washer that has a great pump that's industrial grade and rebuild-able. Some of these are direct drive pumps and some are belt driven pumps. For no nonsense durability and performance with a great unloader and water recirculating features you'll be spending a lot of money once...They start at around $1500 or you can keep getting throw away units and replacing them from time to time.

For a good industrial unit, I'd suggest "Landa" or "Alkota". For a great lower budget unit I'd be looking at "mTm" CM-1400-0meh.

You just need to decide if you want a great unit or a cheaply made throw away unit. I'd rather pay now for an industrial grade unit than pay later...more money for lost time...lost fuel or shipping for another throw away unit.

yakky
01-14-2013, 04:56 PM
I've had 5 or more under $200 pressure washers. The better ones made it two seasons, even when drained for the winter. My latest is an AR Blue 610, hopefully it lasts a bit longer.

oldmodman
01-14-2013, 06:46 PM
My suggestion is always the same.

Buy whatever is for sale at Costco. Save the box and all paperwork.

Then when it fails (and it will) go return it and buy another. I have been getting appx. two to three years before failure. All; failures have been the same, regardless of the brand. They eventually start leaking at the pump and the motor will then start to cycle on and off.

And yes, I also have a "good" Karcher 4000psi Honda powered 13hp unit.

My current "junk" pressure washer is a Snap-On unit (from Costco). it is about a year old and still works. For now.

Pureshine
01-14-2013, 07:29 PM
This is great pressure washer Kranzle K 2017T pricey but worth every penny. I'm picking one up this spring. $1500

swanicyouth
01-14-2013, 10:00 PM

Then when it fails (and it will) go return it and buy another. I have been getting appx. two to three years before failure. All; failures have been the same, regardless of the brand. They eventually start leaking at the pump and the motor will then start to cycle on and off.

My current "junk" pressure washer is a Snap-On unit (from Costco). it is about a year old and still works. For now.

Great info. Two questions:

1. Costco warranties them for life?

2. If so, they just let you get whatever brand they have and call it even ?

I didn't know Costco warranties stuff for life because you bought it there. I would guess they would tell you to contact the "manufacturer". Or, are they just doing this a good will gesture at your particular location? Thanks.

Karcher still working fine after a year. I hate the hose though. It loves to tangle.

yakky
01-15-2013, 11:18 AM

I was doing the exact same. The last return they were less than friendly. Still got my money back though.