PDA

View Full Version : So... how is lake country ultrafiber pads durability doing ?

DaC
01-14-2013, 07:14 AM
If you have already used many times these pads, what do you think about its durability and performance compared to Megs and Optimum ?

tuscarora dave
01-14-2013, 08:08 AM
I think these pads are the most durable of all the microfiber pads. It took me quite some time and the destruction of a few of these pads to figure out the best way to use them, now that I got through the learning curve these pads are holding up quite nicely. One thing I'll say is that I have never washed any of these pads with soap and water, I simply brush them good with a Lake Country pad cleaning brush then blow them off thoroughly with compressed air before each use.

I bought 8 of these pads about 2 months ago and I'm still working with the first 2 that I started with from those 8 pads. I use one for a few panels and switch it out for the other and repeat this for the duration of the job.

After the job is done they simply go into the cabinet and get brushed and blown out with compressed air before I start the next project with them. I do believe that the Meguiar's MF cutting pads cut a little faster but the durability award goes to the LC Ultrafiber pads.

DaC
01-14-2013, 09:03 AM
I think these pads are the most durable of all the microfiber pads. It took me quite some time and the destruction of a few of these pads to figure out the best way to use them, now that I got through the learning curve these pads are holding up quite nicely. One thing I'll say is that I have never washed any of these pads with soap and water, I simply brush them good with a Lake Country pad cleaning brush then blow them off thoroughly with compressed air before each use.

I bought 8 of these pads about 2 months ago and I'm still working with the first 2 that I started with from those 8 pads. I use one for a few panels and switch it out for the other and repeat this for the duration of the job.

After the job is done they simply go into the cabinet and get brushed and blown out with compressed air before I start the next project with them. I do believe that the Meguiar's MF cutting pads cut a little faster but the durability award goes to the LC Ultrafiber pads.

Very Nice! thank you Dave!

All of my 3 cutting disc from Megs are already failing with the Velcro coming off...
They weren't that bad, but 2 weeks ago I worked on a very hot climate (it must have been 30 - 33c on the shade and lots of heat irradiating from walls...

All 3 gave up on the backing plate.... they must suffer a lot with heat issues...

BTW, I got my dynabrade head working... I had ordered an m14 to 5x8-11" adapter and all went smooth... but I only used foam pads (cyan + D300/m105)... even so this combo really rocks for cutting... really fast... 3 passes per section left almost perfect a picky Hyundai paint...

rwright
01-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Meguiar's addressed the adhesive issue and the new is holding up quite nicely.

DaC
01-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Meguiar's addressed the adhesive issue and the new is holding up quite nicely.

When was this ? Mine I bought on SEPT/2011 over AG