PDA

View Full Version : CG Citrus wash RED vs CG CW & GLOSS?

buffguy
01-13-2013, 10:43 PM
What's the difference between these two products? I'm looking to purchase either one to help strip off some old sealant. Does one work better than the other for stripping sealant? I also notice the price difference $28 for GLOSS and $33 for RED, is there something special in the red to warrant the price difference?

WRAPT C5Z06
01-13-2013, 11:34 PM
I've never tried W&G, but RED doesn't do the best job at stripping sealants. I use it to wash all the vehicles I detail because it cleans very well. You're better off using an APC to strip sealants.

ProDetail
01-14-2013, 12:27 AM
I also use RED when I strip, as directed you are right about it not being strong enough, that is why I increase the amount of product used.

ski2
01-14-2013, 08:58 AM
Chemical Guys still sells their original stripping wash--plain Citrus Wash (not Red and not Wash & Gloss and not Wash and Clear) but I don't know if AG carries it.

Ultra-concentrated paintwork cleansing shampoo.
Safe to use on all exterior surfaces.
Safely removes built up grime and old wax.
Provides a fresh surface to start your detail with.

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash is a high performance, ultra-concentrated paintwork cleansing shampoo. This citrus based shampoo is 100% surface friendly. Just add one ounce per gallon of water to create a superior surface cleanser to safely remove built up grime and old wax

WRAPT C5Z06
01-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Chemical Guys still sells their original stripping wash--plain Citrus Wash (not Red and not Wash & Gloss and not Wash and Clear) but I don't know if AG carries it.

Same exact thing as RED.

ihaveacamaro
01-14-2013, 12:52 PM
I use Chemical Guys Citrus Wash N Gloss to strip waxes and sealants.

I put 1 oz to 9 oz warm water in a foam cannon and spray it and rinse. Follow by a 2 bucket wash with 1 oz per gallon and water will be super flat on the paint.

Shortspark
01-14-2013, 01:00 PM
I have the citrus wash clear and it says for daily wash to mix 1/2 oz to two gallons of water. The instructions also say that you can increase the ratio to 2 oz per gallon for a surface cleaner that will remove "built up grime and leftover wax". So, I have to assume that if you use the more potent ratio it will strip wax and sealant.

SON1C
01-15-2013, 12:04 PM
theres a couple differences iirc, can't recall as this hasn't been brought up in awhile, I'd just get gloss because its cheaper..

Chris@AutoCleanse
02-02-2013, 10:37 AM
So the chemical guys citrus wash and gloss is safe for weekly washes, that will not strip the wax? Or is the chemical citrus wash and clear the better option?