PDA

View Full Version : Need pads, excuse to buy more stuff

Pages : [1] 2

jovanie
01-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Going to buy some polishing pads since the ones I have are a little old... since shipping and handling will be a couple of bucks, why not take advantage and order something else.

Basically just did my car with m105/m205 combo with the pc7424xp and topped off with megs m26 yellow wax. Car was really negleted, but turned out pretty good.

Looking to buy something else just to try or some sort of seal. The car goes months without a GOOD detail. Thought of buying the collinate 845 due to the fact that it lasts a while, but if I do I should probably buy squeeze bottle... Also thought about duragloss 501 since I have a cf hood.

soo far I have the following
1. megs 3 step crystal system (it's been a while since its been used)
2. m105
3. m205
4. meg swirlx (havent used it)
5. pinnacle xmt fine swirl remover #2 (havent used it)
6. pinnacle xmt carnauba finishing glaze (havent used it)
7. 3m perfect-it II compund
8. 3m perfect-it foam polishing pad glaze (havent used it)
9. turbowax pre-cleaner (polycharger)
10. turbowax carnauba (polycharger)

I have no idea why I have all this stuff over time... I just do :xyxthumbs:

looking for something that will last and that will try to outlast this caribbean weather. This isnt for any business, I just like to have stuff around for the wife's and parents cars.

thanks in advance

jovanie
01-13-2013, 09:54 PM
just saw this:
Detailer’s Maximum Paint Protection Combo, best winter wax, best car wax winter protection (http://www.autogeek.net/maximum-paint-protection-combo.html)

Detailer's Poli-Coat Paint Sealant and Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845 with a microfiber towel and 2 applicators for #30

weekendwarrior
01-13-2013, 10:12 PM
BOGO has blackfire spray sealant, I love it for touch up sealant after maintenance wash. A little goes a long long way.

jovanie
01-14-2013, 07:46 PM
bump... been reading and I think I will go with Duragloss products 601, 501 and the 105 to be used as a sealant...

do you guys thank this is the way to go? Do you think I would need or should I still get the collinate 845?

plan on sending order tonight or tomorrow morning.

dad07
01-14-2013, 07:56 PM
bump... been reading and I think I will go with Duragloss products 601, 501 and the 105 to be used as a sealant...

do you guys thank this is the way to go? Do you think I would need or should I still get the collinate 845?

plan on sending order tonight or tomorrow morning.

You are making a great choice,with the DG products.......yes I would get the coli845 and I would add DG Aqua Wax.

In your OP you were looking for squease bottles?.....they are on BOGO ( buy one get one free)right now,good time to pick some up.

DG 601,501,105 then topped with coli-845 and maintained with Aqua-wax will give you over a years protection.

mixing 601 with 501,105 will allow to layer with out waiting for cure times(if your not sure what I mean shoot me a pm I will walk ya through it)

good Luck

ScottB
01-14-2013, 08:04 PM
always check out the BOGO section too ...

jovanie
01-14-2013, 08:21 PM
yea been reading up on the bonding and curing time... what turned out to be a $50 purchase is looking like a "little bit" more :-)

yeap, also added the squeeze bottles, although another member was kindly enough to offer one, but the shipping would vs the cost wouldnt be worth it for him

dad07
01-14-2013, 08:32 PM
yea been reading up on the bonding and curing time... what turned out to be a $50 purchase is looking like a "little bit" more :-)

yeap, also added the squeeze bottles, although another member was kindly enough to offer one, but the shipping would vs the cost wouldnt be worth it for him

if you do buy the DG and your only doing your own vehical this will last for quite some time.Just look at it as a long term investment ! LOL

if you need help just shoot me a pm I'll help all I can.

LazyGhost
01-14-2013, 08:44 PM
always check out the BOGO section too ...

Where is this elusive bogo section that you speak of?

jovanie
01-14-2013, 08:53 PM
it's in the store where it says buy one get one free

Buy One, Get One Free! (http://www.autogeek.net/buy-one-get-one-free.html)

LazyGhost
01-14-2013, 09:02 PM
it's in the store where it says buy one get one free

Buy One, Get One Free! (http://www.autogeek.net/buy-one-get-one-free.html)

Thanx. Ive always viewed the store thru the mobile page. Now i see the light.

jovanie
01-14-2013, 09:06 PM
don't say anything, but I always wondered what bogo was... until a googled it last night

jovanie
01-19-2013, 11:02 PM
just got my order today... hope to use thm soon

CWallace
01-20-2013, 12:00 AM
U may also want to look at purchasing a couple 4 oz squeeze bottles... That's what I mix my duragloss in... It's kinda runny so the small squeeze bottles help.. And u won't need to mix up a whole lot of It at 1 time!!!

Edit: sorry I was late to the party.. I see u already received your order!!!

jovanie
01-20-2013, 12:38 AM
no worries... I already have the squeeze bottles. Plan on doing doing the 501/601 combo and then the 105/601 combo... than top it with collinite 845...

now my dilema is what pads to use on my pc7424xp... was thinking of white for both combos and the 845 by hand or with a blue or black pad... or maybe the 501/601 combo with an orange pad, 105/601 with a white pad and then the 845 by hand or with the blue or black pad

what do you guys thank?