PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars M7 reaction...

Big Boi
01-13-2013, 12:58 AM
So today I detailed my mother in laws 09 Ford Fusion. Did a test spot, liked what I saw, and proceeded to finish the car. After a couple hours all I had left was the passenger side verticle panels. And for some reason there was more correction needed than the drivers and horizontal panels.... WEIRD!

So I broke out the Yellow CCS 6.5 pad and went to work. I didnt notice at first. But the panels started to get very "tacky" and developed "bumps" or "dots" of cleaner and over the panel. Only way to remove it, was to re-clay the panels, and start over.

What did I do wrong? Keep in mine 85% of the car was done 84* weather (12pm-4pm). The last panels were done later in the day as the sun started to set (5-6).

Products used:
Mothers Clay
M2
M7
M26

Bamafire
01-13-2013, 01:43 AM
I had the same thing happen to me on a Honda, I found out that it had been repainted, I don't know if that was the case or not. It look as if it had little pimples. sprayed an IPA and it removed the marring. I was using M205 with LC Orange pad on a PC speed was 5.

Setec Astronomy
01-13-2013, 05:50 AM
Did you clean your pads or change to fresh pads along the course of the vehicle? Those Meg's products, particularly #7, will cake up on the pad and then on the car as the pad gets saturated.

Big Boi
01-13-2013, 09:33 AM
I had the same thing happen to me on a Honda, I found out that it had been repainted, I don't know if that was the case or not. It look as if it had little pimples. sprayed an IPA and it removed the marring. I was using M205 with LC Orange pad on a PC speed was 5.
Nawh, the car hasnt be repainted.

Did you clean your pads or change to fresh pads along the course of the vehicle? Those Meg's products, particularly #7, will cake up on the pad and then on the car as the pad gets saturated.
I cleaned the pads using the terry cloth method Mike Phillips showed in one of his vids. Did it after every two applications or so of product. My Cutting pads got got caked up like crazy.

And I must say, I like the free LC CP FLAT pads I got with my GG polisher better than the CCS pads I bought.