PDA

View Full Version : Dog Poop vs. Carpet & Seats...???

Seth@NWCDetailing
01-12-2013, 04:49 PM
So how do I do it?
Our dog pooped in my girlfriends car, took care of the seats but the carpet is another story. From one detailer to another who knows nothing of removing POOP...How do I go about getting this nasty smelling stain out?..ha

:surrender:

BobbyG
01-12-2013, 06:42 PM
OK, I'm going to give you the straight poop on this............:D

Most don't have hot water extractors nut do have shop or wet-dry vacs...

Spray the affected area liberally with a carpet cleaner then scrub with a stiff brush. Spray the area with water then vacuum. You might have to repeat this several times in order to achieve satisfaction...

Detail-Impressions
01-12-2013, 07:10 PM
+ 1
Folex, purchase at Lowes
Chemical Guys Fabric Clean 16 oz.: Chemical Guys Fabric Clean 16 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-fabric-clean.html)
So2Pure Air Purifying Coating by CarPro: CarPro So2Pure Air Purifying Coating 120 ml. (http://www.autogeek.net/so2pure-air-purifier.html)

Bill1234
01-12-2013, 07:24 PM
And the poop hits the fan. I would go with a dedicated uphostry cleaner or leather cleaner and then an air freshener lol

davidc
01-12-2013, 07:28 PM
OK, I'm going to give you the straight poop on this............:D

Most don't have hot water extractors nut do have shop or wet-dry vacs...

Spray the affected area liberally with a carpet cleaner then scrub with a stiff brush. Spray the area with water then vacuum. You might have to repeat this several times in order to achieve satisfaction...

Well, that should wipe out the poop..... with no little pieces left behind....:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

ShaunD
01-12-2013, 07:34 PM
If it is dry, remove as much as possible before applying any liquid to it; do this by scraping with a shop vac attachment or another ridged material that won't damage the affected area. Then, go ahead and follow Bobby's instructions.
I would apply the cleaner and gentle agitate as not to push the particles deeper into the fibers. Then follow with some heavy sprays of hot tap water, and vacuum in a slow cross-hatch pattern; applying more water may be beneficial after the first pass or two. If you still see remnants(evidence of poo) after a couple of passes with water spray/vacuum then do another round of cleaner and agitation. An alternative to try to vacuum all the moisture out of the fibers is to blot with a dry cotton towel(terry or plush will work). I use a method of blotting the towel and twisting back and forth a few times. This also helps to remove stubborn particles as well as cleaner residue. Followimng the blotting with a shop vac should remove as much, if not more than an extractor. Once the area has completely dried do another thorough vacuuming of the area to remove an dried remnants and fluff the fibers up.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online