PDA

View Full Version : yellow clay for the great white north..

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Maria_David
12-01-2008, 06:42 AM
hi all..

Nice to find the great place with so much shared tips for car care etc...

thanks to all the members for sharing great info, ideas and links...

have a nice stay

:)

David Fermani
12-01-2008, 11:08 PM
^^^Can someone explain how this person was spamming?

nrengle
12-02-2008, 04:08 AM
Since this thread is backup, anyone care to tell me where I can get some of this great Yellow Clay while I'm up here in Canada for the next week. I'm in Edmonton today, Calgary on Wednesday, Saskatoon on Thursday and Friday, and Winnipeg on Saturday. Please help me.

I'll also make sure I pick up some extras to bring back to the states for gifts...

Blade
12-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Check eshine.ca. Since you're on the move daily, and it's an online order, arrange to have it shipped to your last Canadian address.

BTW, the yellow clay is BOGO right now. And there's a new blue clay as well.

Bert31
12-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Since this thread is backup, anyone care to tell me where I can get some of this great Yellow Clay while I'm up here in Canada for the next week.

To the best of my knowledge, it is not over the counter, you will have to have it shipped to where you are staying somehow.

Keep in mind, if Chris Pace figures out you are trying to buy some to take back to the US, he will cancel the order. He has stated this on numerous other sites. He is very concerned about staying within the law as he should be.

So, for anyone trying to smuggle some Riccardo Clay back to the US, probably best not to ask Chris if this method or that method will work and probably not best not to broadcast it over message boards.

David Fermani
12-02-2008, 02:43 PM
I don't think it's illegal to buy it in Canada and bring it accross the border? "Smuggling" kinda implies that it's illegal to own it in the US, which it isn't.

Bert31
12-02-2008, 06:08 PM
I don't think it's illegal to buy it in Canada and bring it accross the border? "Smuggling" kinda implies that it's illegal to own it in the US, which it isn't.

I used the term smuggle in a "tongue in cheek" fashion. I should have indicated. However, I do believe Chris has stated that if he becomes aware that an order is intended to take it to the US through e-mails or the such, he will cancel the order.

David Fermani
12-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I guess it would be a dead give away if the delivery address is a hotel.

killrflake
12-02-2008, 11:36 PM
I've got to admit I'm having a little trouble understanding all the fuss over a clay that's yellow. Before I discovered AG, I have purchased clay that was yellow from Griot's garage and didn't like it much as the yellow color stained my fingers and was hard to remove, never had any problem like that with the Pinacle clay or even Clay Magic clays. To each his own, I guess.:D

mazdaspeed
12-03-2008, 12:15 AM
besides the color what is the differance between yellow and gray clays?

wytstang
12-03-2008, 12:52 AM
I've got to admit I'm having a little trouble understanding all the fuss over a clay that's yellow. Before I discovered AG, I have purchased clay that was yellow from Griot's garage and didn't like it much as the yellow color stained my fingers and was hard to remove, never had any problem like that with the Pinacle clay or even Clay Magic clays. To each his own, I guess.:D
The yellow clay we speak of can do what clay today (in the U.S) can't do.
Example:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/SmartClay002Medium.jpg
We are forced to use (at least those who didn't stock up) clay that doesn't stretch and mead as easily. I love working with this stuff.

mazdaspeed
12-03-2008, 03:07 AM
so it is just alot easier to work with then?

wytstang
12-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Easier to work with and a small piece can stretch and flatten out to cover more area using less clay.

David Fermani
12-03-2008, 11:58 AM
DISCLAIMER: it's not correct to judge a clay by how over-elastic it is unless it's not elastic at all. There's alot of clay produced by Auto Magic (not CLay Magic) that breaks apart and crumbles. Clay Magic is elastic enough. Anything more elastic would be on the gooey side. It wouldn't hold it's shape and would need to be folded constantly to remain workable.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o157/dfermani/claypics005.jpg

wytstang
12-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Clay Magic is elastic enough. Anything more elastic would be on the gooey side. It wouldn't hold it's shape and would need to be folded constantly to remain workable.
Negative the old yellow clay is more elastic then Clay Magic's blue clay and softer/easier to mead and held it's shape just fine.