PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Souveran over Klasse High Gloss Sealant?

509IS350
01-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Is that compatible or would I be better off topping it off with a pure nuba after 3 coats of Klasse HGS?

cleanmycorolla
01-12-2013, 02:42 AM
why 3 coats of klasse, seems a tad overkill??? why not one coat of each?

BobbyG
01-12-2013, 06:52 AM
Is that compatible or would I be better off topping it off with a pure nuba after 3 coats of Klasse HGS?

There's no harm in it if that's your goal...

SON1C
01-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Lol idk why everyone is in love with topping and layering, I usually never put more than one layer of wax on, at most ill throw another coat on after the next wash unless I'm going for some dodo layered look which I haven't tried yet, but don't really believe it'll make much of a difference
So yeah, I'd do one coat two coats max, like suggested one of each sounds much better

FUNX650
01-12-2013, 09:24 AM
IMO...
-It could depend on what your definition of: compatible...may or may not be.

For Me...
-Once I have a vehicle cleaned/polished to my expectations/satisfaction...
I'll apply a film-layer of an LSP (such as KHGSG); allow the recommended cure-time;
and, perhaps, apply one more film-layer of the same LSP...for ensurance of 'total coverage'.

No more 'layering' of additional LSP's for me...
Why mess with perfection!! :D (LOL)

Accordingly...
"To gild refined gold, to paint the lily is wasteful and ridiculous excess".
~ William Shakespeare, King John, Act IV, Scene 2

But then again:
OH Well!...and...'What the Dickens'!...say some folks:

'What's worth doing is worth overdoing'!!

:)

Bob

WRAPT C5Z06
01-12-2013, 10:07 AM
I don't believe in layering different products, but if I was forced to do it in your situation, I'd go with a straight 'nuba.

Fishincricket
01-12-2013, 10:28 AM
IMO...
-It could depend on what your definition of: compatible...may or may not be.

For Me...
-Once I have a vehicle cleaned/polished to my expectations/satisfaction...
I'll apply a film-layer of an LSP (such as KHGSG); allow the recommended cure-time;
and, perhaps, apply one more film-layer of the same LSP...for ensurance of 'total coverage'.

No more 'layering' of additional LSP's for me...
Why mess with perfection!! :D (LOL)

Accordingly...
"To gild refined gold, to paint the lily is wasteful and ridiculous excess".
~ William Shakespeare, King John, Act IV, Scene 2

But then again:
OH Well!...and...'What the Dickens'!...say some folks:

'What's worth doing is worth overdoing'!!

:)

Bob

Ha! Literary comedy, gotta dig it!! :xyxthumbs:

509IS350
01-12-2013, 12:17 PM
why 3 coats of klasse, seems a tad overkill??? why not one coat of each?

Winter coat for my sister. Plus I don't see her too often to keep it clean. So durability is key. 2010 Scion TC Purple.

slapshot
01-12-2013, 05:23 PM
I put a coat of LS over my sealant (WGDGPS 3.0) on my black BMW. I wanted the protection of the sealant and the shine and deep shine from the LS. I was very happy with the results. Since the sealant should last longer, I will just do a quick coat of LS every 3-4 months to keep the shine up.

bikeride4fun
01-12-2013, 06:13 PM
I do Souveran Paste Wax over WG Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0.....works great....Is there a big difference in the shine?....Maybe not but fun to do...:pc7424:

Johny B
01-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Lol idk why everyone is in love with topping and layering, I usually never put more than one layer of wax on, at most ill throw another coat on after the next wash unless I'm going for some dodo layered look which I haven't tried yet, but don't really believe it'll make much of a difference
So yeah, I'd do one coat two coats max, like suggested one of each sounds much better

:iagree: