PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Eraser?

WRAPT C5Z06
01-11-2013, 05:34 PM
These looked interesting, so I ordered both grades. How many cars can I expect to get out of these?

blongo804
01-11-2013, 08:19 PM
I'd like to know people's opinion in general about these erasers. :)

rwright
01-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Wonder how these differ from the magna sponge or the Ultima clay alternative? Just aggressive rating? Let us know how they work Mark.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Hey Richard, the material used to remove the contaminants is a resin. I think the magna sponge/clayblock uses a completely different material. I could be wrong?

rwright
01-11-2013, 10:16 PM
I'll be honest, I haven't read the description. :( Thanks for the heads up even though I was lazy.

conthedon
01-12-2013, 04:57 AM
I just ordered a couple fine/medium grade through affiliate of autogeek, autopia (15.99) and free shipping. To my knowledge, Opti erasers are the only item on the market that uses resin. I read that someone representing optimum (maybe chris) on optimum's facebook site "I've got over 20 on mine so far. I'm sure it depends, but I've used it pretty hard". I'm not sure if they were used on routine clayed cars or once a year cars (l do 10-12 months). If that is true, I figure once a year claying (therefore moderate buildup) would at a minimum would get 15 or so. Which would be pretty good since I use mothers clay bar system that gets the job done and they rate the package at 6 avg size cars, I guess 3 avg size cars per 80g bar and that package is about $16. Can't wait to test it out, but seems like a good value. Saw this on autopia forum Scottwax "I find they are easier to use than clay, no residue, no sticking to the paint. Pretty durable too. Great for light to moderate contamination. However, for heavy overspray, I still end up using Clay Magic purple". I'm not sure if he was only talking about just the fine/medium grade, or the aggressive grade.

primo spaghetti
01-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Wonder how these differ from the magna sponge or the Ultima clay alternative? Just aggressive rating? Let us know how they work Mark.

i hope they are better than the ultima block. i find the rubber face really tough to clean the debris off, and found that stuff had lodged itself in the rubber and i can get it out..i really made a mess of a car with one...

WRAPT C5Z06
01-12-2013, 09:05 AM
I just ordered a couple fine/medium grade through affiliate of autogeek, autopia (15.99) and free shipping. To my knowledge, Opti erasers are the only item on the market that uses resin. I read that someone representing optimum (maybe chris) on optimum's facebook site "I've got over 20 on mine so far. I'm sure it depends, but I've used it pretty hard". I'm not sure if they were used on routine clayed cars or once a year cars (l do 10-12 months). If that is true, I figure once a year claying (therefore moderate buildup) would at a minimum would get 15 or so. Which would be pretty good since I use mothers clay bar system that gets the job done and they rate the package at 6 avg size cars, I guess 3 avg size cars per 80g bar and that package is about $16. Can't wait to test it out, but seems like a good value. Saw this on autopia forum Scottwax "I find they are easier to use than clay, no residue, no sticking to the paint. Pretty durable too. Great for light to moderate contamination. However, for heavy overspray, I still end up using Clay Magic purple". I'm not sure if he was only talking about just the fine/medium grade, or the aggressive grade.
Awesome! Thanks! :dblthumb2:

i hope they are better than the ultima block. i find the rubber face really tough to clean the debris off, and found that stuff had lodged itself in the rubber and i can get it out..i really made a mess of a car with one...
The resin optimum uses feels closer to clay compared to the rubber clayblock.

On a side note, is your signature true?

Marc08EX
01-12-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about this, Mark.

Have you tried using the autoscrub? I'm curious to hear if this is as easy as that. Also, how much quicker this is to clay.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-12-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about this, Mark.

Have you tried using the autoscrub? I'm curious to hear if this is as easy as that. Also, how much quicker this is to clay.
Hey Marc!

I have not tried using autoscrub. I'm intrigued by the "resin" optimum uses. In general, I find these 'clayblocks" to be much faster and easier than clay! I'll report my findings with the opti-eraser. :dblthumb2:

primo spaghetti
01-12-2013, 01:47 PM
On a side note, is your signature true?

unfortunately no...i just love pasta....although i really dont like primo sauce at all...

for a mangiacake i have a really sophisticated mama rosa -nona like pallet.. :hungry:

GS2011
01-12-2013, 03:25 PM
These looked interesting, so I ordered both grades. How many cars can I expect to get out of these?

Please post your experience/opinions once you have tried them out.