PDA

View Full Version : How to remove wax from car plastic trim or bumpers

ihaveacamaro
01-11-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm sure most people here know how to do this, but I've seen this question asked a few times so here's a short helpful (hopefully) video I made on it.

How to remove dried wax from car plastic trim (http://youtu.be/3jK1w2TtGxQ)

Hope you enjoy :)

Dr_Pain
01-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Very nicely done! Nothing like the visual to drive the point home.

Klasse Act
01-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Pink eraser, seriously!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

ihaveacamaro
01-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Very nicely done! Nothing like the visual to drive the point home.

Thanks for watching :xyxthumbs:

Pink eraser, seriously!

How well does that work?

Johny B
01-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Pink eraser, seriously!

I have tried it on my Hyundai SUV with no results at all. Lost of time.

detz86
01-11-2013, 08:44 PM
I use a white one when I'm stuck at home and need a quick fix....

Pj C. senior detailer at Subaru of Moncton.

07RS4
01-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Nice video man, thanks for taking the time.

ihaveacamaro
01-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Nice video man, thanks for taking the time.

Thanks for watching :xyxthumbs:

Bamafire
01-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Thank you for your post. We can never stop learning from each other.

ihaveacamaro
01-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Thank you for your post. We can never stop learning from each other.

Thank you for watching :) You're right we learn so much by being on these types of forums!

Although I doubt too many forum regulars are going to learn from this video (as they most likely already know it!), but hey if someone sees it and then later on notices someone else asking about it, they can take a few minutes to write up a detailed response or (even better) just link this video in the post!

KillaCam
01-12-2013, 12:02 PM
That's the same brush I use also. But I use meguiar's apc 4:1 and it tackles the job quickly. I usually only scrub for about 20 seconds.

I also just spray the apc directly on the brush so overspray doesn't get everywhere on the paint. I had a bad experience with it staining the paint once and I had to polish it out.

ihaveacamaro
01-12-2013, 12:40 PM
That's the same brush I use also. But I use meguiar's apc 4:1 and it tackles the job quickly. I usually only scrub for about 20 seconds.

I also just spray the apc directly on the brush so overspray doesn't get everywhere on the paint. I had a bad experience with it staining the paint once and I had to polish it out.

Thanks for watching!

I have Meguiar's APC too and didn't want to risk any staining.

I posted this over at Autopiaforums and just quoting myself here:

I actually did a few tests the day before at thirty seconds and one minute, and two minutes with Adam's APC and Optimum APC (the only APC products I know of that say are explicitly safe on black plastic). With both products at thirty seconds and one minute not all wax was removed, which led me to the two minute recommendation.

the stuff was on my trim for a very long time so that may have something to do with it...