PDA

View Full Version : I can't Win

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lone_Star
05-02-2007, 08:14 AM
I don't understand it anymore. I just found out that I was not invited to a career fair for a possible job. This might not seem like a big deal, but I am in a horribly situation in my current position. I have tried everything to find a new job, but with Michigan's economy its been tough. I am just so frustrated and disappointed. I guess I just needed to vent a little because I have been stuck in this position for about 2 years now, and don't see any way out. AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Ok end of my pity party. I guess its LSAT time, cause I can't get a job as an engineer. Ok seriously this time, end of my rant.

P1et
05-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Hey Lone_Star, how about moving your @$$ back to Texas!!!

Lone_Star
05-02-2007, 08:38 AM
You sound like my old man. And I don't have a good reason for not moving my @$$ back. I do miss Texas, minus July-August, but kinda feel like a failure for not making it without having to run home.

RTexasF
05-02-2007, 08:44 AM
If in your gut you feel that going home would be best then do it. There's no shame it's called a new start in familar territory. I'm 58 and I had to do it a time or two in my life for various reasons.

Mike T
05-02-2007, 09:05 AM
I am all to familiar with having that feeling. You just have to keep your head high, and keep truck'in forward. Things will work out. We just hired a guy here that moved down from L.A. It was getting to expensive their and he was running out of money. This is a guy who's gone through college and was working in the television industry. He had to move back here and move in with him parents to try and save some money. It happens to alot of people. Just keep go'in man.

greg'sgoat
05-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Engineering jobs are all over Florida, well, anywhere were things are being built. No shame in moving out of a bad situation.

StephenK
05-02-2007, 09:48 AM
i am in the same situation. been back in illinois with my mom since last august. cant find work myself. i recycle cans for my money. it is not much but heck it gets me something. just never give up.

r_wain
05-02-2007, 10:35 AM
I am in the same situation. Forced to move back home with my mom...starting my own detail business. Kinda slow now but I had to do it cause I had to get out of the situation I was in.

Like detailgod said Never give up...it is not worth it.

Rob

2KLS1
05-02-2007, 10:37 AM
You sound like my old man. And I don't have a good reason for not moving my @$$ back. I do miss Texas, minus July-August, but kinda feel like a failure for not making it without having to run home. You can't really call that failure. You have to go ware the money is at. If Mich's economy is down and there aren't any jobs then you have to go where there are jobs, thats all. Just keep looking, there is always a need for good engineers.

CalgaryDetail
05-02-2007, 10:40 AM
we have this big country above you... we are looking for staff. it has even come to the point of relocating families from mexico for labour......just no accountants aloud. Noone can steal my future job

Lone_Star
05-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks for all the support. I am trying to keep the old head high, I am just frustrated to no end because of how hard I am trying without getting anywhere. maybe a move would do some good.

Lone_Star
05-02-2007, 10:52 AM
I think most of my frustration comes also from the fact I know a couple of people inside where the career fair was, and they were telling me that HR had invited people without degrees. Since this is an Engineering only career fair, you must previously have your degree. O well, kinda funny how last night I prayed to God to give me a sign to go to law school. Well, maybe I need to start in his direction instead of my own.

Surfer
05-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Michigan/Detroit etc has been in a bad position for long time, they had some talks on this couple weeks ago. It's going to take awhile for that economy to rebound if at all. I'd look into moving somewhere else. I had a bunch of real estate referrals for up there but I'm not licensed there, I wouldn't have bothered anyway b/c the real estate market there is kaput and in combination with osme of their stupid laws almost impossible to do tougher deals there.

Lone_Star
05-02-2007, 11:43 AM
almost everywhere you see foreclosures. It is really sad to see. I wouldn't buy a house here unless I could steal it.

Gary Sword
05-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Get out of Michigan. I gave up a great job there that paid a lot of money just to get away from that terrible climate.