PDA

View Full Version : Best Glaze/Polish for silver paint? (Couple newb Questions too)

Pages : [1] 2

Big Boi
01-11-2013, 03:54 AM
Being fairly new to the detail game. I havent had my hands on a lot of different brands, other than Meguiars Mirror Glaze line. Im looking to see what your opinion is for the best Glaze/Polish for Silver paint. PS2 Bright Metallic Silver to be exact. Im Mirror Glaze bias, but I want to hear YOUR OPINION, LoL.

On a side note. My paint it in pretty good shape. the truck is an '09, so there might be some light swirls. None that I can see without a light though. My plans are to give it a good detail soon, using the MG line.

Ill be using a combination of 6.5 CCS pads and the free Lake Country Constant Pressure Pads I got with my GG RoP. What pads to use with what products for the best results?

My plans are to use the following:
2 bucket wash
Clay
Foam bath and rinse
M205
M7
M21
M26
M34

What do you think?

rider9195
01-11-2013, 07:34 AM
I would just hit it with some M205 on a white pad, speed 5. That should knock down most of the light swirls. Perform a test spot. Be sure to check your work to ensure the results you achieve are up to your standards. Then you could go straight to a wax or sealant.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Meticulous-Detail
01-11-2013, 07:34 AM
I would skip m7 as it was designed for single stage paints. For glazes I like Wet Glaze 2.0 and Chemical Guys Glossworkz.

Big Boi
01-11-2013, 04:52 PM
I would skip m7 as it was designed for single stage paints. For glazes I like Wet Glaze 2.0 and Chemical Guys Glossworkz.

What MG glaze woukd you use then?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using AG Online

spiralout462
01-11-2013, 04:57 PM
I think you would see great results, but like others have said I'm not sure the #7 will help. I would go straight to #21 after polishing. Do you already have 6.5" pads? You might want to try some 5.5" next time, they spin a little easier.

Meticulous-Detail
01-11-2013, 05:25 PM
What MG glaze woukd you use then?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using AG Online

I wouldn't.

Those are the 2 I use and like. You can use #7 just not sure you will see much of an improvement. Do a test spot and see the results.

ScottB
01-11-2013, 09:21 PM
I am finding the final coat, Reload, looks rather nice and inviting on silver. Brings out the metallic and beads like crazy.

Big Boi
01-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Im going to take you guys advice on the M7. I used it today on some black metallic paint, and really noticed how bad it streaks. Also, it was a "B" to wipe off. Placing an order for 105/205 soon, cant wait to bust it out a customers "washed once every two months" Accord!

I am finding the final coat, Reload, looks rather nice and inviting on silver. Brings out the metallic and beads like crazy. Final coat? Reload? Im lost. Still a newb, LoL.

TundraPower
01-12-2013, 08:32 PM
As far as a glaze, Poor Boy's White Diamond is really hard to beat on silver. Absolutely stunning. Top it with Poor Boy's Natty's Red. Even more stunning.

Big Boi
01-12-2013, 08:47 PM
As far as a glaze, Poor Boy's White Diamond is really hard to beat on silver. Absolutely stunning. Top it with Poor Boy's Natty's Red. Even more stunning.

How would you compare their Swirl Removers to M105/M205 combo?

Detail-Impressions
01-12-2013, 10:09 PM
My go to polish in Poorboys is Pro Polish 2. It is pad dependant on the cut. Cleans the paint well too.

Big Boi
01-12-2013, 11:51 PM
It is pad dependant on the cut.
What does that mean? Im sorry guys. These newb questions will be here for a lil while, LoL.

Fishincricket
01-12-2013, 11:59 PM
I would think that means that the cut you get (the amount of clearcoat you remove with each pass) will be dependent more upon the pad that you use than the abrasiveness of the polish itself.

Big Boi
01-13-2013, 12:09 AM
I would think that means that the cut you get (the amount of clearcoat you remove with each pass) will be dependent more upon the pad that you use than the abrasiveness of the polish itself.
Thats what I thought. But I wanted to make sure, before I ran out and placed an order. :xyxthumbs:

Fishincricket
01-13-2013, 12:13 AM
Well don't take my word for it, but that's what the sentence states. lol

I'm a newb, I prolly shouldn't be answering questions.. Sorry.