PDA

View Full Version : Brother questioned my skills

Pages : [1] 2

Espyone
01-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Not a full correction. My brother questioned my skill so I decided to put his car for a test spot.

I will not do the rest until he pays me. Gonna be many laughs as he drives around with this.

The car is 1998 Lexus SUV that he has abused and has not taken care of it. He even had said, "I did not wash it for three months."

Hood only

Process:
Washed with two bucket method.
Clayed with CG grey bar (medium)

Porter Cable with Orange Hex Logic Pad and V36 at speed 6
Polished with White Hex Logic Pad and HD Polish at speed 5 for the first 2 section passes and then bumped down to 4 with no pressure for the last two section passes.

Sealed with Collinite #845

Not 100% correction but I would say 90%-95%

Thanks to Mike and all you pros for sharing your knowledge!

BobbyG
01-10-2013, 07:26 PM
You are a shrewd businessman and I like your approach!!!! :laughing:

Very nice 50-50 shots!! :props:

PS....So what does your "he who has no faith" brother have to say now? :laughing:

spiralout462
01-10-2013, 07:28 PM
That will keep 'em coming back for sure. Good job!

CM8 6MT
01-10-2013, 07:29 PM
I guess he can now question why his wallet will be out a few bucks! Nice work on white paint.

Espyone
01-10-2013, 07:36 PM
You are a shrewd businessman and I like your approach!!!! :laughing:

Very nice 50-50 shots!! :props:

PS....So what does your "he who has no faith" brother have to say now? :laughing:

He was shocked! He is now buying dinner and he wants me to finish the car when I have time. LOL. I gave him discount, but not much.

Thank you for the props. Alot of research here and practice over the past two years has definitely given me tons of confidence.

Espyone
01-10-2013, 07:37 PM
That will keep 'em coming back for sure. Good job!

Thank you sir!

Espyone
01-10-2013, 07:38 PM
I guess he can now question why his wallet will be out a few bucks! Nice work on white paint.

I agree and will not hesitate to take it. LOL

capnp72
01-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Nice work! Your brother is a smart man to have you finish.

ShaunD
01-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Oh the wonders of Toyota Super White, SS paint. For a 98 it actually didn't look as oxidized as some newer Tundras I have worked on.
Nice work either way, and definitely make your brother pay; at least have him be the pad washer during or after the paint correction. That would probably make him want to pay you just so he doesn't have to wash his white paint out of your pads.lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online

Espyone
01-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Nice work! Your brother is a smart man to have you finish.

Thanks! Just might hold off a little longer than usual and let him drive around so I can laugh at him. I joked with him and said I would do half the next time around. Then he would have to schedule with me to do the other half of the car.

psynx
01-10-2013, 07:54 PM
just do the rest of the driver side and leave the left side un touched, that way you can promote your business and show the customers before and after shots lol

Johny B
01-10-2013, 08:10 PM
just do the rest of the driver side and leave the left side un touched, that way you can promote your business and show the customers before and after shots lol

+1

Espyone
01-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Oh the wonders of Toyota Super White, SS paint. For a 98 it actually didn't look as oxidized as some newer Tundras I have worked on.
Nice work either way, and definitely make your brother pay; at least have him be the pad washer during or after the paint correction. That would probably make him want to pay you just so he doesn't have to wash his white paint out of your pads.lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online

The funny part was when he walked out while I was putting on the Collinite. He thought There was wax on the left side and thought I did not wipe it off. Thanks for the kind words.

jjj
01-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Like the way you think!!!! Nice work!!

Espyone
01-10-2013, 08:23 PM

Seriously thinking about. As bad as he takes care of it...then I can put a vinyl sticker of my business on the side that is corrected. Seriously might do something like that. Has some one ever done some thing like that? At the very least it would be pretty funny.