PDA

View Full Version : question for the metro vac owners

jjj
01-10-2013, 07:19 PM
I got a hell of a deal on a metro vac compact canister vac. 3 years old and got it for 70$. Great price. I havent had a problem out of the vac. Can you use it for damp (not wet) upholstery. I am using my shop vac for these jobs but would like to use the metro if possible. Opinions?

Pureshine
01-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Not sure I use a shop vac for everything and the Metro master blaster to dry cars.

jjj
01-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Not sure I use a shop vac for everything and the Metro master blaster to dry cars.

Thanks

jjj
01-11-2013, 06:36 PM
No metro owners with experience?

Bunky
01-11-2013, 07:06 PM
I have the smaller Metro. I would not recommend using it to vacuum damp carpets. It will get the bag and/or paper filter damp. I will vacuum, clean, then reverse hose to dry using the forced air.

jjj
01-11-2013, 07:28 PM
I have the smaller Metro. I would not recommend using it to vacuum damp carpets. It will get the bag and/or paper filter damp. I will vacuum, clean, then reverse hose to dry using the forced air.

Thanks for the info. I don't want to mess the machine up!

Bunky
01-12-2013, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the info. I don't want to mess the machine up!

I am sure the moisture does not do any good for the motor since it is inline with the airflow. If you want to increase the blow force just remove the paper filter /cloth bag (leave green mesh filter under the cloth bag one in place).