PDA

View Full Version : 1-year car lease?

newb001
01-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Hi all. A work associate of mine (honestly, it's not for me) wanted me to do some research on car leasing, but is very interested in a 1-year lease (if anyone offers those), despite the fact that it's not going to be very cost effective.

So my question is: any idea if those are offered and, if so, how might I get more information (aside from just emailing dealers) as to actual pricing, etc...

Or for actual lease prices is the only way to get accurate info to actually contact a dealer (unlike for buying where I can easily go to true car or dozens of other sites to get actual pricing).

Alternatively, does anyone know if any company rents cars on a monthly basis to the point where it would cost around the same as a 1-year lease?

Thanks!

RaskyR1
01-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Hi all. A work associate of mine (honestly, it's not for me) wanted me to do some research on car leasing, but is very interested in a 1-year lease (if anyone offers those), despite the fact that it's not going to be very cost effective.

So my question is: any idea if those are offered and, if so, how might I get more information (aside from just emailing dealers) as to actual pricing, etc...

Or for actual lease prices is the only way to get accurate info to actually contact a dealer (unlike for buying where I can easily go to true car or dozens of other sites to get actual pricing).

Alternatively, does anyone know if any company rents cars on a monthly basis to the point where it would cost around the same as a 1-year lease?

Thanks!

I've never heard of someone with a 1-yr lease, 24 months yes, but on a 1-yr your payments would be ridiculously high because of the depreciation.

...I would think a dealership may be willing to do it if you really want that high of a payment.

My sister rented a car for a few months back in the early 2000's...I recall her paying around $700-800 a month.

RaskyR1
01-10-2013, 04:03 PM
I love Google! :)

Short Term Car Lease. Is it possible to lease a car for a short time? (http://www.leaseguide.com/articles/short-term-lease.htm)

newb001
01-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the link. Sorry, I should have mentioned though that they want it to be a new car, so taking over a lease wouldn't work :(

Andr3wilson
01-10-2013, 05:27 PM
I've never heard of someone with a 1-yr lease, 24 months yes, but on a 1-yr your payments would be ridiculously high because of the depreciation.

+1, the first year is when a car depreciates the most. I have also never heard of 12 months leases, to my recollection, I think I saw toyota canada once did an 18 month lease. Back in 2007 before the recession. Not too sure

The_2nd_G
01-10-2013, 06:12 PM
I did it in the summer of 2006 on a G35 coupe. Since the next generation was coming the next summer, I wanted to be able to upgrade when it came out. It was not cost effective, but not as bad as you'd think. It worked out to about 20/month more than the 2007 sedan I purchased in 2007 (although the sticker was slightly higher on the sedan if I recall). Was it worth it? For me it was worth the extra money AND I learned that I needed a sedan anyway at the time. Glad I wasn't committed for 2 years.