PDA

View Full Version : LA Awesome APC

richy
01-10-2013, 12:27 PM
I know I've read about this stuff on here, but I cannot find any threads about it. How has used it, for what and at what ratio? We've got a local store that is carrying it now.

ihaveacamaro
01-10-2013, 12:41 PM
I can do better :) made a whole video on it vs Optimum Powerclean on tires. Personally, I wouldn't use it on paint, wheels, or black plastic because I would be afraid of it having harsh chemicals that could stain.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/56670-thrifty-vs-fifty-ep-2-optimum-power-clean-vs-la-s-totally-awesome-tire-cleaner.html

richy
01-10-2013, 02:21 PM
I can do better :) made a whole video on it vs Optimum Powerclean on tires. Personally, I wouldn't use it on paint, wheels, or black plastic because I would be afraid of it having harsh chemicals that could stain.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/56670-thrifty-vs-fifty-ep-2-optimum-power-clean-vs-la-s-totally-awesome-tire-cleaner.html

Roshan, I had missed this video before. Very good job on doing it BTW. My comparison will be between Zep 505 Industrial that I use either straight or cut by about 25%. I will compare that wil LATA at the same dilutions. I am paying around $9/gal for the 505 and I'm not sure yet what the LATA will cost as I am going there after work. One thing I did observe however, is that, at least in its diluted state, that the LATA seemed runny and did not cling. The 505 clings well and makes it easy to use. I have been very, very happy with the 505 and replaced Zep Purple with the 505. Thanks for your input and for your video review.

ihaveacamaro
01-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Roshan, I had missed this video before. Very good job on doing it BTW. My comparison will be between Zep 505 Industrial that I use either straight or cut by about 25%. I will compare that wil LATA at the same dilutions. I am paying around $9/gal for the 505 and I'm not sure yet what the LATA will cost as I am going there after work. One thing I did observe however, is that, at least in its diluted state, that the LATA seemed runny and did not cling. The 505 clings well and makes it easy to use. I have been very, very happy with the 505 and replaced Zep Purple with the 505. Thanks for your input and for your video review.

Thank you!

The LATA is $6 for 120 oz (they sell for $3 for 60 oz at dollar store) IF I remember correctly.

Definitely is runny, and unfortunately, even straight it is runny. However, it is quite powerful and at full strength I believe it will match Optimum Power Clean at 1:3 water.

I never did get around to testing LATA straight vs Optimum Power Clean straight... if you have OPC too, maybe that would be a job for you Richy!

I have SO many more different tests coming this year... better hold on to your pants!

Good luck with your tests and please keep me updated!!! :dblthumb2: