PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Phanton Black Audi Q5

Pages : [1] 2

AudiFL
01-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Hello AG!

Here are some pictures of my new one week old Audi Q5. I did a 2 bucket wash with grit guards followed with a clay, polish and seal.

I used following products:

- P21S Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo
- Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit
- Menzerna IS 1500
- Wet Glaze 2.0
- WDGPS3.0
- P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner

Please bear with me since this is my first detail with a DA! I used a GG6 with a 5" backing plate and LC pads. Used the GG3 as well at some spot but I think I will dedicated it for carpet cleaning. As other had mentioned not too much power.

On the downside since the car will be outside 24/7. I had to do everything outside since I didn't have a covered area to work. 4 hours after I coated the car with WDGPS it drizzled and the car got a little bit wet . Based on the coating directions it takes at least 12 hours to cure. Feed back please

My question is Do I have to re-coat the car again with WDGPS in order to get the protection even though the car was at the sun for around 3 hours?

BTW thanks to Andr3wilson for some info on the Menz products. After I did my test spot I ended up using the SIP in order to get rid of the DISOs since the clear coat of that car is hard as a rock!

Here are some pictures of the car.

07RS4
01-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Wow man, nice job on the Audi!

Andr3wilson
01-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the shout out!

Looks awesome! great results!

I find with a majority of synthetic sealants, if you were to plot the curing to time on a graph it would look a logarithmic graph like this
http://aaron-sherwood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/log_graph.jpg

Majority of the curing is done within 2-3 hours. Add the sun and some heat, it will be quicker. Now If a little rain drizzled on it, it should be fine, but there is nothing wrong with putting 2-3 coats on it. Especially that it is outside 24.

Also if it is really exposed to the elements, take a look at Gtechniq Exo as well!

Once again, great results!!

spiralout462
01-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Beautiful ride and paint! I wouldn't worry about the sprinkles on the fresh sealant. It sounds like you will be giving her lots of love anyway. Isn't the obsession wonderful?

esv5454
01-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Good job. That is a beautiful car. I agree with adding another coat as the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant looks even better with a few coats. It's a great product and I'm sure you'll be happy with how it holds up.

CM8 6MT
01-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Very nice work. This model happens to be one of my favorite from Audi. Keep up the good work!

RhetoricMixes
01-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Nice job! Not a fan of suv's but that one is nice.

AudiFL
01-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Wow man, nice job on the Audi!

Thanks 07RS4!

Thanks for the shout out!

Looks awesome! great results!

I find with a majority of synthetic sealants, if you were to plot the curing to time on a graph it would look a logarithmic graph like this
http://aaron-sherwood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/log_graph.jpg

Majority of the curing is done within 2-3 hours. Add the sun and some heat, it will be quicker. Now If a little rain drizzled on it, it should be fine, but there is nothing wrong with putting 2-3 coats on it. Especially that it is outside 24.

Also if it is really exposed to the elements, take a look at Gtechniq Exo as well!

Once again, great results!!

Thanks again Andr3wwilson for all the information! I ended up putting a second coat of sealant anyway. I am also planning to wash it again this week and top it off with Fuzion. Will update with some new photos.

Beautiful ride and paint! I wouldn't worry about the sprinkles on the fresh sealant. It sounds like you will be giving her lots of love anyway. Isn't the obsession wonderful?

Thanks spiralout462 for the compliment! I put another coat of sealant so it has two now. Plus some Fuzion this week. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Good job. That is a beautiful car. I agree with adding another coat as the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant looks even better with a few coats. It's a great product and I'm sure you'll be happy with how it holds up.

Thanks esv5454 for the comments. I did put another coat.

Very nice work. This model happens to be one of my favorite from Audi. Keep up the good work!

Thanks CM8 6MT. I love Audis and I think they have come with some great models in the last few years.

Nice job! Not a fan of suv's but that one is nice.

Thanks for the comments RhetoricMixes. Believe it or not I was not a fan of SUVs too! However in the last few years there has been a few models that changed my taste for them and the Audi is one of them. The other one that came to mind is the Range Rover Evoque.

cartman57
01-15-2013, 07:53 PM
Makes the metallic really show up great, nice job!

AudiFL
01-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Makes the metallic really show up great, nice job!

Thank you cartman57.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AG Online

burkorobe
01-15-2013, 10:26 PM
It sounds like you will be giving her lots of love anyway. Isn't the obsession wonderful?

Johny B
01-16-2013, 12:05 AM
Great job.

Ned250
01-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Gorgeous Audi... Congrats!

vet
01-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Great job! Car looks good!

RMM
01-18-2013, 07:55 PM
Nice job...and nice assortment of products too!
In what order did you apply the Wet Glaze 2.0?