PDA

View Full Version : Brinkmann Xenon Owners Poll

Pages : [1] 2

1953hogan
01-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Not technically a poll, just another Brinkmann thread.

I'm putting together another AG order and am trying to decide whether to add the Brinkmann Xenon to my cart. I'm hesitant because I've read lots of reviews about the unit dying (or nearly so) after less than a year's use.

So please help me out...

If you own the Brinkmann Xenon Swirl Finder Light, please reply with:

How long you've owned yours.
How well it is holding a charge.
Whether you would recommend or buy again.

Thanks for the help!

Steve

Rsurfer
01-09-2013, 08:14 PM
1. 3 years
2. Good
3. Maybe (have three and the charge light will not go out on two of them, but it does hold the charge).

Robert8194
01-09-2013, 08:14 PM
On my second one. Have had it for about six months. Holding charge well because I am following instructions. The first one didn't last at all because I kept it plugged in for a year. Yes, I would and did buy another one. The first failure was due to my not following the very clear instruction to NOT overcharge.

davey g-force
01-09-2013, 08:33 PM
1. 3 years
2. Fine
3. Probably. I don't know if it's just me, but I can't always "find" all the swirls with my Brinkmann. Sometimes changing light source helps me discover new swirls..

AutowerxDetailing
01-09-2013, 08:54 PM

Just over 6 months.
Same as when new.
Yes, highly.

Thanks for the help!

Steve

It's almost as good as sunlight...

rmagnus
01-09-2013, 09:00 PM
1. 1 year
2. Perfect
3. Yes absolutely. Best light for the money.

2old2change
01-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Have two and my first one was bought in 06 and dosen't hola a charge very long but should have died yrs ago. The other is about 8 months old and doing fine. When these two die they will be replaced by two more of the same.

Setec Astronomy
01-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Had mine a while...no longer works...looked into a new battery after prying it apart...costs almost as much as a new one...have passed on buying a new one so far...finding swirls is just depressing, anyway.

stoddwilson
01-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Not technically a poll, just another Brinkmann thread.

I'm putting together another AG order and am trying to decide whether to add the Brinkmann Xenon to my cart. I'm hesitant because I've read lots of reviews about the unit dying (or nearly so) after less than a year's use.

So please help me out...

How long you've owned yours. 4 years
How well it is holding a charge. Not as well as it has in the past. Performance seems to have dropped off.
Whether you would recommend or buy again. At the time of purchase, it was the best. Not sure if there's anything better out there, though I have been disappointed lately.

Thanks for the help!

Steve

See above…

swanicyouth
01-09-2013, 10:35 PM
I have the Tuff Max LED. It's a pretty bright flashlight, but the quality isn't the best. I've taken it apart to fix it more than once, and the battery door has to now be held on by Velcro straps

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/10/sedu9e7a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/10/ruhasuga.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/10/by9asugu.jpg

The one I have takes AA batteries, I got it because I thought it would be brighter than the DX.

I do like the ergonomics of it more than a regular flashlight, but I think there are better choices out there. I've had it for about a year.

The Tuff Max is around 330 lumens. I'm looking at getting a Coast flashlight that is about 1,000 lumens. Quite frankly, the Brinkmann doesn't really help that much to see fine defects.

ihaveacamaro
01-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Quite frankly, the Brinkmann doesn't really help that much to see fine defects.

I agree. Under gas station LEDs or under the sun I can find defects in my paint that my Brinkman never shows.

Johny B
01-09-2013, 11:10 PM
I agree. Under gas station LEDs or under the sun I can find defects in my paint that my Brinkman never shows.

:iagree:

1953hogan
01-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Thanks, everyone. Good information provided to a newbie. Will be happy to hear from any other Brinkmann owners out there.

Steve

2old2change
01-09-2013, 11:28 PM
I am very puzzled by some of the replies that the Brinkmann doesn't do that much for seeing defects. There is a technique to using this light properly. Mike Phillips has posted tips for the proper way to use this tool. Nothing will replace the sun or some metal-halide commercial light. For a hand held and low price the Brinkmann can't be beat. The sun or commercial lighting isn't always available when needed and a hand held light source is a must.

AutowerxDetailing
01-09-2013, 11:33 PM
I am very puzzled by some of the replies that the Brinkmann doesn't do that much for seeing defects. There is a technique to using this light properly. Mike Phillips has posted tips for the proper way to use this tool. Nothing will replace the sun or some metal-halide commercial light. For a hand held and low price the Brinkmann can't be beat. The sun or commercial lighting isn't always available when needed and a hand held light source is a must.

I agree. There is definitely a technique to it. For under $30 having the ability to check for swirls, DA haze, and even rotary holograms in a dimly lit garage you really can't go wrong with this light.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using AG Online