PDA

View Full Version : V7 as a straight QD?

cleanmycorolla
01-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Hey, just a quick question to everyone, please chime in if you have thoughts. Question is, I usually use v7 as a topper after a wash, and love it for that use and it's perfect really. But I am going on a road trip this weekend and wanted to take it with me on the road and use it for touch ups for some dust etc,....has anyone every used it as a straight up QD with success? To me it seems its viscosity is too thick to really handle the task, I always use UWW+ as a QD was curious if v7 could fill this role as well....thanks.

Rsurfer
01-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Hey, just a quick question to everyone, please chime in if you have thoughts. Question is, I usually use v7 as a topper after a wash, and love it for that use and it's perfect really. But I am going on a road trip this weekend and wanted to take it with me on the road and use it for touch ups for some dust etc,....has anyone every used it as a straight up QD with success? To me it seems its viscosity is too thick to really handle the task, I always use UWW+ as a QD was curious if v7 could fill this role as well....thanks.

V7 is a spray sealant. Why not use UWW+ as your QD? If you feel that V7 gives you a better look, hit with V7 after it's cleaned with UWW+.

Johny B
01-09-2013, 01:45 PM
V7 is a spray sealant. Why not use UWW+ as your QD? If you feel that V7 gives you a better look, hit with V7 after it's cleaned with UWW+.

:iagree:

rmagnus
01-09-2013, 02:13 PM
I dont think V07 is the best QD. If thats all you had to work with it will get the job done. As others have said use a QD then V07 as a wax/sealant.

I just tried CG waterless wash topped by V07 and both worked great. My car was pretty dirty from the SoCal rains and my wifes car was pretty clean. I did two cars with both products. Other than going through a lot of MF towels no marring and they came out clean as a whistle. Super smooth glassy finish. Both cars had a coat of Col845 previously 1-2 months ago.

vegas911gts
01-09-2013, 08:01 PM
I work at home so my car goes out 1 to 2 times a week and I use v7 weekly as a qd instead of washing it since there's only light dust on it. I guess there's cheaper stuff to use, but I buy v7 by the gallon so I just use it every week as long as the car does not get too dirty and if it does get really dirty then I'll wash it.

martijefre
01-09-2013, 08:17 PM
I just tried CG waterless wash topped by V07 and both worked great. http://www.dvxs.info/a13.jpg

xseveredveganx
01-09-2013, 08:37 PM
By waterless wash, are you guys talking about their Ecosmart product? I picked up a small bottle of their concentrated Ecosmart, but haven't had a chance to use it.

ScottB
01-09-2013, 08:45 PM
I carry Ultima Rinseless Wash when traveling ....

psynx
01-09-2013, 08:53 PM
I work at home so my car goes out 1 to 2 times a week and I use v7 weekly as a qd instead of washing it since there's only light dust on it. I guess there's cheaper stuff to use, but I buy v7 by the gallon so I just use it every week as long as the car does not get too dirty and if it does get really dirty then I'll wash it.

+1 i use V7 as a QD and i also buy it by the gallons

rmagnus
01-09-2013, 09:04 PM
By waterless wash, are you guys talking about their Ecosmart product? I picked up a small bottle of their concentrated Ecosmart, but haven't had a chance to use it.

Yep. I bought it here when on BOGO. I'll get the concentrate next time. I'm a fan of it now.

xseveredveganx
01-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Good to know! I called CG about it and the gentleman informed me to start off with 1oz. to the 16oz bottle. Seems kind of crazy, but I'll give it a whirl.

swanicyouth
01-09-2013, 10:25 PM
You can use V7 as a QD, that is to remove light indoor dust and fingerprints. If you read the directions, that's what it's for. While a V7 wipedown does make your car look great, I think them calling it a "sealant" is stretching it. I also think you would be better served using a waterless wash on the road, I carry Pinnacle.

One thing I noticed about CG's EcoSmart WW is it hazes and then you buff it after a wipe down. May not be the best on the road.

SON1C
01-09-2013, 10:29 PM

I've used it as a QD, it works but its not ideal, especially at the price point, give it a shot the experience won't hurt and let us know what you think, I really prefer it as a car show topper or after was topper (when i'm not waxing)

Espyone
01-10-2013, 04:15 AM
I was low on V7 once and diluted it with distilled water, about 25% water and used it on my car. Slickness and shine did not seem to change. It's the only time I did that. Any one else try and dilute the V7?