PDA

View Full Version : Foam Cannon

4ord
01-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Forgive me if this question has been posted before, but I am currently looking at this foam cannon kit from CG

Chemical Guys HOL_181 - Foam Blaster Foam Cannon Washing Kit with Foaming Soaps (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_HOL_181_Foam_Blaster_Foam_Cannon_p/hol_181.htm)

I have a few questions about using a foam cannon....

1) this thing hooks right up to my garden hose, right? I cant really justify buying a PW right now...
2)Can it be used to do a quick weekly wash with decent results? Just spray foam on and then rinse off with normal hose nozzle? Or am I missing something?

If anyone has any experience with this foam cannon, let me know how it works or if you have any other suggestions for a foam cannon, let me know too. Just looking for a quick way to wash my driveway full of cars each week.

Thanks Guys!

david11g35
01-08-2013, 11:42 PM
These type of foam gun and foam cannon are usually used for pre soaking. Let the soap dwell for a while to break down the dirt then rinse off then use a 2 bucket wash

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Espyone
01-09-2013, 02:28 AM
I bought the exact one from Chemical Guys. After about 15 to 20 uses the trigger is sticky due build up and is stuck open. I had to turn on the garden hose then turn it off to put it on and off the last few times I used it. It was nice at first. The trigger and whole set up is not that high quality.

IMHO I would get the Gilmour. It is built much better then the CG one.

Autogeek Quart Foamaster Foam Gun FREE BONUS (http://www.autogeek.net/auqufofogun.html)

Yes, it hooks right up to garden hose and use it for a pre soak like david11g35 said. Then follow up with your two bucket method. Has worked great for me. I finally got a Pressure Washer and will be getting the MTM foam cannon next week.

Lim3
01-09-2013, 02:57 AM
Works with the hose.

Is meant to remove most of the
(light dirt build up)
You must follow with a two bucket wash becuase the gun won't remove 100% of the dirt

If I where you, just put the money towards the foam gun on AG. This one works OK but the difference in suds/foam is night and day. More foam = less potential swirling.

rlloyd
01-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Is the AG Foam gun as good as a pressure washer foam cannon? I have a pressure washer but don't always like to drag it out. Plus this seems quieter for the neighborhood. I have a well so not the best pressure available either if that makes a difference.

ihaveacamaro
01-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Just to clarify if a product says foam fun it is for the hose and if it says foam canon it is for use with a pressure washer :)

ihaveacamaro
01-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Also, no foam fun will ever be comparable to a foam cannon

Lim3
01-09-2013, 01:10 PM
What he said ^. The foam GUN autogeek sells is great but compared to the CANNON. It's night n day difference.

Johny B
01-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Also, no foam fun will ever be comparable to a foam cannon

+10

JSou
01-09-2013, 01:25 PM
I had the foam gun from Gilmour and it was great. Now that I have the "cannon" and tried it..I felt like I was wasting product with the "gun".

What I mean by that is the foam from the cannon stays on the car longer versus the sudsy watery soap produced by the gun. I can also produce a shaving cream like solution with the wash products I put in it.

Maybe take a look at this deal instead. Pressure Washer Foam Cannon, foam lance, foam wash gun, pressure washer foamer, Pressure Washer Foam Cannon or lance (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Pressure_Washer_Foam_Cannon_foam_lance_foam_wash_p/eqp_304.htm)

Johny B
01-09-2013, 02:10 PM
I had the foam gun from Gilmour and it was great. Now that I have the "cannon" and tried it..I felt like I was wasting product with the "gun".

What I mean by that is the foam from the cannon stays on the car longer versus the sudsy watery soap produced by the gun. I can also produce a shaving cream like solution with the wash products I put in it.

Maybe take a look at this deal instead. Pressure Washer Foam Cannon, foam lance, foam wash gun, pressure washer foamer, Pressure Washer Foam Cannon or lance (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Pressure_Washer_Foam_Cannon_foam_lance_foam_wash_p/eqp_304.htm)

Use Google you'll find a better deal for sure.