PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy and 43 perfect for chi- town!

Alumniprodetail
01-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Decided since my replacement PC 7424xp won't b here until tomorrow I would go ahead and use my broken one since the weather was WARM on my sisters vibe/ matrix. Mine only works above speed four but it seemed like I needed it at 5 anyways... (Never used one of these DA before except for a 3M one that connects to my compressor at work). I gotta say it was not bad but it's going to take some getting used to coming from a Milwaukee rotary. I used a lake country waffle black 6.5" finishing pad with tech wax 2.0... The car was in dire need of a clay bar so it was more work then I anticipated... This is what came out though.... I think I'm going to stick with the rotary for corrections and use PC just for wax application... 150471504815049

Qusai
01-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Lol man that's something. I moved up out of there around 99. I used to stay in Wheeling if you know about that area. I really do miss those days but ever since i picked this hobby up, i can't complain about the weather here in Atlanta man

Alumniprodetail
01-08-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm a summer detail guy and soon to be teacher... Sometimes I dream about moving to a warm spot to pursue year round detailing!

OMRebel
01-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Don't give up on the DA just yet. Get some smaller pads (5.5") to help the PC's motor. Also, try a few different polish combos with it. I used a rotary for years working my way through high school and college, and I prefer my DA.

cartman57
01-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Lol man that's something. I moved up out of there around 99. I used to stay in Wheeling if you know about that area. I really do miss those days but ever since i picked this hobby up, i can't complain about the weather here in Atlanta man

Ahhhh, Wheeling, 'The Village with Feeling' at least that's what the smiley faced water uesd to say.

Atlanta, kinda warm and humid all summer long isn't it?

primo spaghetti
01-08-2013, 08:04 PM
I used a lake country waffle black 6.5" finishing pad with tech wax 2.0... The car was in dire need of a clay bar so it was more work then I anticipated... This is what came out though.... I think I'm going to stick with the rotary for corrections and use PC just for wax application...

The PC was not the issue with your selections here (which i hope you know).

a black pad and wax will offer no correction...if it needed claying, it probably needed polishing aswell...

once you upgrade from wax, youll probably find the PC does a pretty good job at correction (albeit slower than the rotary), but a decent job in its own right with the proper selection of "products" to go with it.

Alumniprodetail
01-14-2013, 05:58 PM
I was just testing the PC... NEver used one... Obviously a black pad and wax will not offer any correction abilities... I wanted to clean the paint of debris before I went and waxed the car... The smoothness that clay provides was my ambition... I'll test ability of PC with correction when I have more time. Polish... Diamond cut thanks for ur Interest

Qusai
01-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Ahhhh, Wheeling, 'The Village with Feeling' at least that's what the smiley faced water uesd to say.

Atlanta, kinda warm and humid all summer long isn't it?

Lol you know about wheeling! Nice, and yes all summer long! Past few days this January we've had some low 70 degree weather. Im liking the weird weather down here this year. Gets very weird here