PDA

View Full Version : PC7424xp received broken?

Alumniprodetail
01-07-2013, 08:31 PM
I decided to bite the bullet on the PC DA for Christmas. I use a Milwaukee rotary but wanted something to aggravate carpet and apply wax... I was pumped to open it up but to my surprise the darn thing wouldn't go between settings 1-3 once I spun the dial to almost 4 the machine would kick on and work great... Is there something I'm doing wrong or did I get a lemon?

Setec Astronomy
01-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Did you have a backing plate on?

Alumniprodetail
01-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Yeah tried both a Meg's plate and a carpet brush.

Setec Astronomy
01-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Did you have the fiber washer on the back of the backing plate and carpet brush?

rmagnus
01-08-2013, 01:14 AM
I decided to bite the bullet on the PC DA for Christmas. I use a Milwaukee rotary but wanted something to aggravate carpet and apply wax... I was pumped to open it up but to my surprise the darn thing wouldn't go between settings 1-3 once I spun the dial to almost 4 the machine would kick on and work great... Is there something I'm doing wrong or did I get a lemon?

Look at the bright side you'll want the higher PC speeds to aggravate carpet. When my carpet gets good and pissed off I just go and apply wax....

Sorry couldn't help myself. I agree that's a bad day. I'm sure you'll be able to exchange it. BTW the PC works pretty well with the carpet brushes. Good luck with the exchange.

Mike Phillips
01-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Millions of these tools have been sold and threads like you've started here are the exception, certainly not the rule. If you bought it from AG then simply call Customer Care and they'll take care of you.

1-800-869-3011

:xyxthumbs:

Alumniprodetail
01-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Not from AG. Just was looking to see if I was missing something on how to operate. Thanks for the tip!

swanicyouth
01-08-2013, 10:58 AM
I doubt your PC is actually broken. I don't think a PC can spin a full size backing plate a very low speeds (assuming the fiber washer is in place).

A funny story is, I thought my PC was broken too. About 8 years ago when I bought it, we were all using 6.5" pads and they would recommend polishing on speeds 4-5. Well, on speed 4 a PC isn't spinning a 6.5" pad at all. I thought it was broken for years, until I found AG and watched Mikes videos.

Actually, I noticed my PC "loosened up" over time. Seems to spin better than ever now.

Alumniprodetail
01-08-2013, 01:34 PM
It just makes clicking noises on the lower speeds... Amazon was really good about replacing and a new one will be at my door tomorrow. I will go through AG from now on. I really appreciated how well all my pads backing plates and brushes have been packaged from AG. Going to give the PC a try right now on high speeds b4 my new one comes tomorrow!