PDA

View Full Version : Using Bissell little green

Charleston
01-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Just picked one up online on sale for very cheap!

What are your methods for using?

Fortunately my house has a near boiling temperature faucet which I am sure will help!

UltimateDetail
01-07-2013, 07:30 PM
The machine will not heat the water up hot enough, but it will maintain it.. the solution tank has measurements for how much water/solution to put into it.. make sure you shake up the solution with the water a bit, but be careful not to spill it.. you can use three different kinds of bissell solutions... i get them at walmart.. if you get the little green machine solution made for the little green, you will probably have to use a little more solution in the tank, than say the pet stain and spot remover.. Also for odors and such, use the pet and stain solution because it has the right enzymes in it... Also get an extension cord, my biggest pet peeve is the maneuverability of this machine... The machine does not have a good vacuum on it, so you'll have to shop vac it back up.. also do not let any dirty water sit in the other tank, it will harden up.. also do as much as you can BEFORE treating the carpets (vacuum, shake out mats, pretreat, wipe with microfiber towel, etc.).. also i like to heat up the water in the microwave, to get that extra heat to it, but don't heat it up in the tank itself.. also go slow when using it, slow passes are key.. and after one pass, go back over it with the vacuum part and suck up the remaining solution.. if you have to go over the carpets again, wait like 30 mins to an hour for them to dry and then before going another round, tryto bring the stain back to the surface.. I also suggest getting to air circulators to help dry the carpets faster.. That should cover a lot of it, sorry for such a lovely phrased reply! :D

Charleston
01-07-2013, 07:35 PM
The machine will not heat the water up hot enough, but it will maintain it.. the solution tank has measurements for how much water/solution to put into it.. make sure you shake up the solution with the water a bit, but be careful not to spill it.. you can use three different kinds of bissell solutions... i get them at walmart.. if you get the little green machine solution made for the little green, you will probably have to use a little more solution in the tank, than say the pet stain and spot remover.. Also for odors and such, use the pet and stain solution because it has the right enzymes in it... Also get an extension cord, my biggest pet peeve is the maneuverability of this machine... The machine does not have a good vacuum on it, so you'll have to shop vac it back up.. also do not let any dirty water sit in the other tank, it will harden up.. also do as much as you can BEFORE treating the carpets (vacuum, shake out mats, pretreat, wipe with microfiber towel, etc.).. also i like to heat up the water in the microwave, to get that extra heat to it, but don't heat it up in the tank itself.. also go slow when using it, slow passes are key.. and after one pass, go back over it with the vacuum part and suck up the remaining solution.. if you have to go over the carpets again, wait like 30 mins to an hour for them to dry and then before going another round, tryto bring the stain back to the surface.. I also suggest getting to air circulators to help dry the carpets faster.. That should cover a lot of it, sorry for such a lovely phrased reply! :D

Awesome!

Thanks!

Keep them coming, this is why I love AG

Pureshine
01-07-2013, 08:11 PM
I used one for years until I got my extractor and I just used hot pretreat and used a scrub brush. then used green machine worked great. Here is a link to a car I did last month.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/59035-2009-denali-paint-correction.html

RTexasF
01-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Very very simple. Pre-treat with Folex, then using the sprayer introduce hot water from the machine. Lastly, suck it up.

Never cleaned in five years, just one swipe with above procedure:

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/fgf001/Littlegreen002.jpg

Four swipes:

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/fgf001/Littlegreen003.jpg

It works, simple as that. Get the one with the Turbo Brush. The last thing you need is all kinds of cleaning solutions from Bissell; one bottle of Folex from Wal Mart will do all you need for everything you need to clean including upholstery.

Y2KSVT
01-07-2013, 08:45 PM
I've actually had better luck with Meguiar's APC+ than I have Folex. 10:1 should work fine, but if they're really dirty, step it up to 4:1, but test it in an inconspicuous area to make sure you aren't pulling color out of the carpet. Spray liberally and scrub with a medium/stiff bristeled brush. APC+ will foam slightly with agitation. Then, take the Bissel, using hot water, go over the entire area that you just brushed. This helps loosen up the dirt you just scrubbed deep down in the carpet. Then, using no water, go back over the area until no more water is being extracted.

I don't put any solution into the tank. We had a Bissel carpet shampooer for the house that bit the dust because the solution ends up drying in the jets and causes a little havoc, so I do the cleaning by hand and then extract, only, with the Bissel LGM.