PDA

View Full Version : How best to get dried paint off truck

john b
01-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Picked up paint from road - major splatters behind drivers side front tire.
Tried mineral spirits, claying, and plastic razor blades. Tough stuff.
C:\Users\randy\Pictures\ffb_images\editted_ffb\tit an_road_debry_not_coming.jpg

Pureshine
01-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Did you try IPA at all?

Mike Phillips
01-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Picked up paint from road - major splatters behind drivers side front tire.

Tried mineral spirits, claying, and plastic razor blades. Tough stuff.

I've had good luck with this to remove paint off cars, even DOT paint. Can't promise you it will work but if you get desperate.

Stoner XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/xenit.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/Xenit.jpg

Stoner XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner removes resins, carbon deposits, silicones, and contaminants from molds. You’ll never again be frustrated trying to remove tough gunk and grime in your home, office, garage or car. Natural citrus XENIT by Stoner removes tacky, grimy dirt so well, in most cases you can simply “wipe it away.”

Xenit is a natural precision mold cleaner used as a degreaser in the plastics and rubber molding industries. It contains Citrus 66, a highly refine extract of citrus fruit. This powerful ingredient removes greasy soil and stains that can't be removed by soap and water.

Use XENIT to quickly permanent marker, crayon and lipstick “accidents” in the car and around the home. It removes release agents, resins, carbon deposits, and other contaminants left in mold cavities.

Xenit contains more than five, different, high performance cleaners. Unlike most water-based citrus cleaners that are designed to lift and carry dirt, XENIT is formulated to break down the complex molecules found in sticky materials. This MicroActive cleaning action gives XENIT unequaled abilities to loosen and dissolve difficult grime like tar, grease, gum and adhesives. It even removes dried latex paint if accidentally dripped on carpet, flooring, or furniture. Xenit removes shoe scuffs and heel marks from from vinyl panels and greasy dirt from fabrics and upholstery.

Save yourself hours of agony trying to remove sticky stuff with standard cleaners. Avoid wasted time spent laboring with inferior water-based products. XENIT is formulated to evaporate and dry completely, leaving behind no sticky residues or streaky soaps.

10 oz. aerosol.

:xyxthumbs:

RecognizedRider
01-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Try thinner, just do a test spot before hand. After it comes off, clean and wax the area.

dpk20x
01-07-2013, 01:16 PM
I got some of that on my jeep during the summer. I ended up using OPC at 3:1 to get rid of it.

Took a few attempts though. Spray it on and let it dwell for a few minutes then wash it off. Repeat.

I wasn't able to remove all of it with my wash mitt but after a few rounds of OPC it loosened up enough that I could pick away the splatter with my fingers.

Vellie
09-29-2013, 07:21 AM
Mike This stuff is safe to use on the paint. I see it says mold but its all over the side of the car at the wheel level. Have you used it there or just on plastic moldings. Im going to try this to remove a lot of paint on the right side of our truck. Its like someone spilled a whole gallon on the road and we can it over. It seems to be latex paint. Hope this works.

I've had good luck with this to remove paint off cars, even DOT paint. Can't promise you it will work but if you get desperate.

Stoner XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/xenit.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/Xenit.jpg

Stoner XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner removes resins, carbon deposits, silicones, and contaminants from molds. You’ll never again be frustrated trying to remove tough gunk and grime in your home, office, garage or car. Natural citrus XENIT by Stoner removes tacky, grimy dirt so well, in most cases you can simply “wipe it away.”

Xenit is a natural precision mold cleaner used as a degreaser in the plastics and rubber molding industries. It contains Citrus 66, a highly refine extract of citrus fruit. This powerful ingredient removes greasy soil and stains that can't be removed by soap and water.

Use XENIT to quickly permanent marker, crayon and lipstick “accidents” in the car and around the home. It removes release agents, resins, carbon deposits, and other contaminants left in mold cavities.

Xenit contains more than five, different, high performance cleaners. Unlike most water-based citrus cleaners that are designed to lift and carry dirt, XENIT is formulated to break down the complex molecules found in sticky materials. This MicroActive cleaning action gives XENIT unequaled abilities to loosen and dissolve difficult grime like tar, grease, gum and adhesives. It even removes dried latex paint if accidentally dripped on carpet, flooring, or furniture. Xenit removes shoe scuffs and heel marks from from vinyl panels and greasy dirt from fabrics and upholstery.

Save yourself hours of agony trying to remove sticky stuff with standard cleaners. Avoid wasted time spent laboring with inferior water-based products. XENIT is formulated to evaporate and dry completely, leaving behind no sticky residues or streaky soaps.

10 oz. aerosol.

:xyxthumbs: