PDA

View Full Version : CG trim dressing so confusing!

Pages : [1] 2

Iron400
01-06-2013, 01:01 PM
I was looking at ordering some cg dressing, but I'm so confused on which one. Their website doesn't make it any clearer at all. I am looking for a dressing for external black trim. Which one.....:bash:

They have:

G6
VRP
Extended Life
Matte
Silk
Black on Black

Pureshine
01-06-2013, 01:10 PM
I use Auto Finesse Revive - Trim Dressing and Black Wow on bad trim.

cartman57
01-06-2013, 01:30 PM
CG website and stuff is very confusing.

SonOfOC
01-06-2013, 01:42 PM
All on your list can be used for black trim. It mainly boils down to the level of gloss your want. For example, G6 and VRP are very shiny.

Then there's "New car shine" and "Natural Shine" that are not as shiny.
They are confusing so I recommend you try the 16oz sizes and not the gallon.

They all work good depending on interior or exterior and weather conditions.

G6 and New car shine are some of my favorites.

I was looking at ordering some cg dressing, but I'm so confused on which one. Their website doesn't make it any clearer at all. I am looking for a dressing for external black trim. Which one.....:bash:

They have:

G6
VRP
Extended Life
Matte
Silk
Black on Black

fenderpicks
01-06-2013, 01:50 PM
i have given up on everything from CG except a few of their washes,MF detergent and towels.

Everything they offer seems to be all the same except for a small tiny difference.... I think they make way too many variations of the same product.....
Leads me to think they r just a fake company....

CM8 6MT
01-06-2013, 02:24 PM
i have given up on everything from CG except a few of their washes,MF detergent and towels.

Everything they offer seems to be all the same except for a small tiny difference.... I think they make way too many variations of the same product.....
Leads me to think they r just a fake company....

I agree. While alot of CG stuff is good, its defenitely not "great". Alot of there chemical formulations are the same except for a few tweaks. If your looking for a great tire dressing that also helps maintain the life of your tires, try Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Dressing. You can control the level of shine per application, helps condition the rubber and smells great (kinda like mango). I highly recommend it, it was on BOGO a few weeks ago.

FUNX650
01-06-2013, 03:41 PM
I was looking at ordering some cg dressing, but I'm so confused on which one. Their website doesn't make it any clearer at all. I am looking for a dressing for external black trim. Which one.....

-I can tell you're very confused; reading this question lets me know that.
First of all, I want you to take a nice, deep breath. That’s better.

Now…
Realize that Drama is a naturally felt human instinct…and so is Confusion.
But we always need to reinforce our intellectual foundation…
That's how we improve...by learning to solve these 'types' of problems.

-Of course…There are several methods (some that I’ve employed) to relieve confusion.
Here are a few examples...

I.
-Sit in a comfortable chair. Turn all the lights out. Wear comfortable, loose clothing.
Inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth slowly. Breath from the diaphram.
You do not have to tell yourself to relax. You just will.

Then...Imagine yourself in a room. It is a safe warm room and there is a rug under your feet.
The room is furnished with shelves that line the wall. Each shelf has a book that is related
to your life. As you approach one shelf, it swings out gently...
Opening up and revealing behind it a stone cavity.

You step out into the cavity to discover it is a stone stairwell. You feel the cool stone…
It is refreshing…and the strength of the stone is all around you.
You take the first step cautiously, applying your weight little by little until you are standing on the step.

It is a strong step.

This staircase spirals down and around. There is a hand rail which you grasp to give you stability.
You step down the next step with more sureness and notice that there are images carved into the stone walls.

You reach out and run your fingers over these images, they tell a story and you notice that story.
You step down to the next step...and notice that although the staircase is made of stone you are still warm.

You feel safe.

You take another step down the staircase and feel stronger and safer.
You allow your mind to wonder about this staircase and what you might find at the bottom.

As you step down to the next step, you notice that with every step, you are leaving
parts of yourself behind you: Your work, worries, family, friends.
But you feel okay abut that because you know that if you want to, you can pick them up on the way back up.
You feel free as you begin to notice yourself leaving more things behind you as you descend the stone staircase.

And, so it goes on, until you are finally at the bottom of the staircase and notice you are on
the sandy banks of a river.....And then you take a journey in a boat....

II. Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOI's)

III. Xanax works great!

IV. Pray to the Heavenly Father for guidance and inspiration.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

OK... OP Iron400...

-With your mind and body still relaxing:
Begin to tell yourself to send money to: Bob (FUNX725) care of AGO…You can thank me later.

:)

Bob

Sources: Psychology Today; Today’s Health

NOTE: Optimum's 'Dressings' FTW!!

PA DETAILER
01-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Chemical Guys Extended Life New Look Trim Gel 16 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-trim-gel.html)

:xyxthumbs: one of the best i have used. just a few drops on a foam pad. really lasts.

Johny B
01-06-2013, 04:32 PM
CG website and stuff is very confusing.

+1

jpens91
01-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Chemical Guys Extended Life New Look Trim Gel 16 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-trim-gel.html)

:xyxthumbs: one of the best i have used. just a few drops on a foam pad. really lasts.
Since you like it so much, I'm guessing you haven't experienced any running with it when it rains? I used VRP and that was all over the paint after it rained. I cleaned it with APC, IPA, etc. and it never worked. I have Prima Infinity now and don't have that problem with it, but it'll last for a month approximately. Does the New Look Trim Gel last longer than that. I've read some good things about it too and have been interested in it

CamaroSS27
01-06-2013, 05:56 PM
well a lot of them look different that is why they have so many, like for example the silk shine can be used for trim or interior, VRP is good for trim along with g6.

cartman57
01-06-2013, 06:13 PM
I agree. While alot of CG stuff is good, its defenitely not "great". Alot of there chemical formulations are the same except for a few tweaks. If your looking for a great tire dressing that also helps maintain the life of your tires, try Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Dressing. You can control the level of shine per application, helps condition the rubber and smells great (kinda like mango). I highly recommend it, it was on BOGO a few weeks ago.

Tweaks = color, scent and description.
They do have some good quality stuff though. :dblthumb2:

daves120
01-06-2013, 06:28 PM
If you are confused about something, why not give them a call. That way someone can help you with product selection.

One of my favorite trim products is the "GEL BLACK FOREVER TRIM & TIRE,SHINE & PROTECT THAT KEEPS BLACK PARTS BLACK for MONTHS (16oz)"

PA DETAILER
01-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Since you like it so much, I'm guessing you haven't experienced any running with it when it rains? I used VRP and that was all over the paint after it rained. I cleaned it with APC, IPA, etc. and it never worked. I have Prima Infinity now and don't have that problem with it, but it'll last for a month approximately. Does the New Look Trim Gel last longer than that. I've read some good things about it too and have been interested in it

i have not had any issues with it. it did not run for me after a rain or washing.

jpens91
01-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks man. Looks like I'll have to give it a try then