PDA

View Full Version : Paint Cleanser after Polishing

chu
05-01-2007, 01:55 PM
How come some of you use a paint cleaner after polishing? I've read several post with that step, and dont understand.

Mike T
05-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Just that extra step for perfection before adding your LSP.

budman3
05-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Along with removing any oils or anything else that polishing may leave behind to leave the finish completely clean for the sealant to bond to-- that is if the cleaner doesn't leave anything behind.

FloridaNative
05-01-2007, 02:52 PM
AIO should be used after polishing because it leaves an acrylic base behind that would be otherwise removed by the polishing stage if it was done beforehand.

ScottB
05-01-2007, 02:54 PM
using a paint cleanser after polishing is slightly redundant. That said, most cleansers contain some light fillers and might be used to hide any leftover swirls.

Surfer
05-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Must be me but I see no point in using a paint cleanser, just use a good AIO like Klasse AIO to clean and leave a perfect base for sealant/wax.

budman3
05-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Klasse AIO is a paint cleaner...

I don't find it necessary to use a paint cleaner after polishing but it can be done to ensure the clean surface...

Nica
05-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Along with removing any oils or anything else that polishing may leave behind to leave the finish completely clean for the sealant to bond to-- that is if the cleaner doesn't leave anything behind.

:iagree: Well at least that is what I'm finding out.

This is my way of seeing it, even though you polish is it possible for you to get to every corner and hard to reach spots with the machine and the polish. Most likely no, so you would go over with the cleansing lotion to completely clean those hard to reach spots that are missed with polishing. Leaving you with a vehicle ready to be waxed...well at least that's what I think but I could be wrong. Just sharing my opinion :D

chu
05-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Reading the replies, I'm guessing some of you dont re-wash the vehicle after polishing?

Surfer
05-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Reading the replies, I'm guessing some of you dont re-wash the vehicle after polishing?Trucks equal too much of a pain in the arse to rewash and dry lol. I just use AIO after buffing the polish and thats it.