PDA

View Full Version : Just washed my car and it rained...

jordan21210
01-05-2013, 05:45 PM
What are my options here??

It was a very low % chance of rain here today and there is a local Cars and Coffee meet tomorrow so I wanted to get the car spruced up.

I had just finished drying most of the car and then...BAM...rain (just my luck).

I checked the radar and it looks like the rain will continue until about 9 pm. My question is, what are my options here?

What can I do tomorrow morning to get my car "clean" again without having to do a full wash? (Unfortunately, my car does sleep outside with no cover/awning :( )

TIA for your help!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I do not have any waterless wash nor does anywhere nearby sell it (to my knowledge). I do have a quick detailer...but have a feeling that may not be a good option.

CM8 6MT
01-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Quik detailers are good to wipe down some very light dusting. I would invest in some rinseless wash if I where you. Buy it here on AutoGeek. They have a great selection.

If I where you, id invest in a good durable wax such as Collinite 845 for the winter/rain season.

jordan21210
01-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Quik detailers are good to wipe down some very light dusting. I would invest in some rinseless wash if I where you. Buy it here on AutoGeek. They have a great selection.

If I where you, id invest in a good durable wax such as Collinite 845 for the winter/rain season.

That's what I thought. I'll take a look at it tomorrow morning and make a judgement call I guess. I was actually very close to buying some rinseless/waterless wash and Collinite...but did not. Wish I would have. I actually opted for the Four Star UPP over the Collinite.

CM8 6MT
01-05-2013, 06:08 PM
That's what I thought. I'll take a look at it tomorrow morning and make a judgement call I guess. I was actually very close to buying some rinseless/waterless wash and Collinite...but did not. Wish I would have. I actually opted for the Four Star UPP over the Collinite.

It basically comes down to whatever wax you prefer. For winter/rainy season however get something that will give you better durability over shine. Its better to have your cars paint protected from the elements right now while it sits outside. Do get some rinseless wash, I recommend Optimum ONR or Optimum ONRWW (with wax).

primo spaghetti
01-05-2013, 06:09 PM
I agree i love NRWS...and I cant wait to get my hands on my NRWW...

however, if you dont have time to place an online order, Duragloss makes a great rinseless wash and should be readily available over the counter at places like carquest, and Napa...and other automotive stores...

CM8 6MT
01-05-2013, 06:53 PM
I agree i love NRWS...and I cant wait to get my hands on my NRWW...

however, if you dont have time to place an online order, Duragloss makes a great rinseless wash and should be readily available over the counter at places like carquest, and Napa...and other automotive stores...

Duragloss huh, I'll have to check it out sometime.

Alvin
01-05-2013, 07:51 PM
this is what I would do if I was you, in the moring all you will have is rain water on the car. You justt washed it earlier it will be clean, I would us in the morning Mother's spray wax. Mother's clearly states after washing and rinishing but before drying spray with the spray wax and then dry. This should work for you.

primo spaghetti
01-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Duragloss huh, I'll have to check it out sometime.

you'll be very impressed...

dc52nv
01-05-2013, 08:46 PM
I'd use PB S&G first thing in the morning. I always use it as a drying aid and leaves it nice and shiny.

fdesalvo
01-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Story of my life. Car washing back home (In New Orleans) supercedes any type of rain dance haha. I once waited 3 months to wash my car. One weekend after waxing it, Katrina hit.