PDA

View Full Version : Waffle Weave ?

Pages : [1] 2

EddieF
01-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Today I washed my car, and when I was drying it, my waffle weave towels didn't absorb any water. All it did was smear it around, then I had to get another MF to finish the job. When I first used them I was highly impressed, now not so much. Anyone have any ideas?

Rsurfer
01-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Today I washed my car, and when I was drying it, my waffle weave towels didn't absorb any water. All it did was smear it around, then I had to get another MF to finish the job. When I first used them I was highly impressed, now not so much. Anyone have any ideas?
It got contaminated, try boiling it in water for a few minutes.

Andr3wilson
01-05-2013, 03:55 PM
It got contaminated, try boiling it in water for a few minutes.

+1

or try an MF wash for a few cycles

EddieF
01-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Ive tried boiling them and it didnt work. I guess next step is the MF wash.

TroyScherer
01-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Do you try and use then dry?

I find that many drying towels work much better if I allow them to soak in water first. I then wring them out really well begin drying. This really helps aid in the water wicking. I soak my towels in some hot water while I wash and then pull them out and use them.

EddieF
01-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Do you try and use then dry?

I find that many drying towels work much better if I allow them to soak in water first. I then wring them out really well begin drying. This really helps aid in the water wicking. I soak my towels in some hot water while I wash and then pull them out and use them.

That never crossed my mind. Ive alway used them dry. I will have to try that, thanks!:props:

Rsurfer
01-05-2013, 04:19 PM
That never crossed my mind. Ive alway used them dry. I will have to try that, thanks!:props:
So it worked before without priming? I alway's prime first.

EddieF
01-05-2013, 05:08 PM
So it worked before without priming? I alway's prime first.

Yes, my first couple of times useing them, they worked like a champ.

Whatsvtec
01-05-2013, 05:15 PM
When you wash towels do you dry them using heat? I've notice my mf towels lose their absorbency if I dry then on high heat.

I usually allow them to tumble dry with no heat. Never had towels so plush.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

EddieF
01-05-2013, 05:19 PM
When you wash towels do you dry them using heat? I've notice my mf towels lose their absorbency if I dry then on high heat.

I usually allow them to tumble dry with no heat. Never had towels so plush.

Yes I do use heat. This is a lot od work for some towels! I cant wait to get a house and use a blower!

Whatsvtec
01-05-2013, 08:33 PM
The extra work is worth the results ;) try drying your new waffles on low heat, they should maintain absorbency still. As for the others, priming them with water should work fine.

Whatsvtec
01-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Also, check out the shop vac with detachable blower. Best investment I've made in detailing.

dc52nv
01-05-2013, 08:49 PM
I had the same issue with mine. Will try priming it next time. Thanks.

EddieF
01-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Also, check out the shop vac with detachable blower. Best investment I've made in detailing.

Good advise, thanks.

Bigds2012TT
01-05-2013, 10:39 PM
My WW super guzzlers are brand new, washed in BF mf cleaner then air dried. They didnt absorb water either. Just moves it around and streaked. I've heard to get them a little wet first.